Turn on thread page Beta

Sex before marriage watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm catholic but there is no way I listen to that rule. Me and my girlfriend both went to the same catholic school and even there the brothers and fathers understand that you cant stop teenagers, even strong catholics having sex.

I believe some catholic morals dont fit in with todays society, like this one, but many catholic morals are still relevent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    I believe some catholic morals dont fit in with todays society, like this one, but many catholic morals are still relavent.
    V. true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smile)
    what do people think? are any of you religious? because Catholics don't believe in sex before marriage, and then once you are married you're not meant to use contraception.

my parents dont believe in it, but i really dont care, that value is so grrr.....pathetic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    I'm catholic but there is no way I listen to that rule. Me and my girlfriend both went to the same catholic school and even there the brothers and fathers understand that you cant stop teenagers, even strong catholics having sex.

I believe some catholic morals dont fit in with todays society, like this one, but many catholic morals are still relevent.
    Yeah times change. I mean the belief in Got itself is pretty much defunct in a general basis these days. Not trying to make this another religious discussion, just pointing out how views change with time. I can add a few figures if anyone wishes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smile)
    i think it's just Catholics- although i don't think it's exactly encouraged amongst other denominations.
    Christians don't beleive in sex before marriage either. The only difference is catholics are a bit more strict.

ReputationRep:
    In Judaism you're not supposed to have sex before marriage too. But that doesn't mean everyone follows that. Most Jewish people don't wait until they get married, and I'm sure that applies to Christians and Catholics unless they are really devoted to their religion.

I probaly would wait until after marriage, not just because you're supposed to in Judaism but because it's more special once married.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Brainwashed?
    yup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    yup
    No more than atheist parents make their children think that religion is stupid - hence brainwash.

ReputationRep:
    No more than atheist parents make their children think that religion is stupid - hence brainwash.
    brainwash is still brainwash, guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    brainwash is still brainwash, guy
    Indeed, bucko.

Looks like you've fallen to it.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, bucko.

Looks like you've fallen to it.
    um you don't even know me dude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    um you don't even know me dude
    It's like catchphrase - you say what you see.

ReputationRep:
    It's like catchphrase - you say what you see.
    or you can shut the **** up and leave me alone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    or you can shut the **** up and leave me alone
    Ok. Just woken up, have we?

ReputationRep:
    Ok. Just woken up, have we?
    nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    nope
    Naturally cranky then?

ReputationRep:
    soo sex before marriage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    soo sex before marriage?
    I dont see why not.

ReputationRep:
    Some people have voted against sex before marriage...lets here their views!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    I dont see why not.
    neither do i. does anyone know the actual reason for this 'rule' in some religions?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.