tessie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
families without marriage = bad.
thats a very generalised thing to say.
some familys without marriage are a disater yes.
MY parents never married, they have been together 25 years now and they and myself and my brother are quite happy with the way things are (most of the time )
i think its worse if two people get married and then divorce because that can traumatise a child worse than if the parents we split form the start
tessie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
*were not we
damn typos
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by tessie)
thats a very generalised thing to say.
some familys without marriage are a disater yes.
MY parents never married, they have been together 25 years now and they and myself and my brother are quite happy with the way things are (most of the time )
i think its worse if two people get married and then divorce because that can traumatise a child worse than if the parents we split form the start
thats to be accepted, but u have to begin from a starting point of 'a family based on a married father and a mother is best'
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, I'm not against sex before marriage but I think sex is something that should be respected. Therefore, I probably won't be going around have one-night stands or have sex with someone who I have only known for a few weeks.
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
How do you know?
I know about the Jewish law regarding this because I'm Jewish myself lol.

Besides, I think theres something in the idea that if you get a bit of experience first that you won't wonder what it's like after you're married.
Yeah I know, that is one of the arguements against sex after marriage.

Personally, I think it should be done when you know the person properly and know that they're the "right" person for you. And the only way you can prove your love for that person is by marriage really.

At the end of the day, both arguements have its advantages and disadvantages and it's up the individual to decide what they want to do.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by caz)
shut up already no one cares about ur crying
You sound like a spoilt little child.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So are 25% of the people on here not going to have sex before their marriage?
emma_
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
To all you religious people:

Sex is evil
Evil is a sin
But sins are forgiven
So get stuck in
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emma_)

Sex is evil
Evil is a sin
But sins are forgiven
So get stuck in
now that is what i call a good rhyme.....are u a relegious person too ???
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emma_)

Sex is evil
Evil is a sin
But sins are forgiven
So get stuck in
I like the rhyme too...
emma_
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by prince_capri)
now that is what i call a good rhyme.....are u a relegious person too ???

Nope, non-religious.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
I know about the Jewish law regarding this because I'm Jewish myself lol.

Yeah I know, that is one of the arguements against sex after marriage.

Personally, I think it should be done when you know the person properly and know that they're the "right" person for you. And the only way you can prove your love for that person is by marriage really.

At the end of the day, both arguements have its advantages and disadvantages and it's up the individual to decide what they want to do.
Oi Cheeky, you know I was referring to the 'sex will be best after marriage' bit of what you said, and not the whole jewish point of view.
Besides, how in this day and age does marriage truly prove your love
J
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
So are 25% of the people on here not going to have sex before their marriage?
I think it means that lots of the people here are just kids who haven't had to face the situation wher they've had the option yet.
Lets face it, hormones are a damned more powerful thing than religion nowadays
J
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oi Cheeky, you know I was referring to the 'sex will be best after marriage' bit of what you said, and not the whole jewish point of view.
Besides, how in this day and age does marriage truly prove your love
J
Ah, I see. Well...I don't know lol. But I'm sure I can imagine. Wouldn't it be err best, say, on your honeymoon....?

Well, it's the main way of proving your love because you are commiting yourself to that person for the rest of your life.
emma_
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
1st time is never good.... and people actually want that to be on their wedding day.... what should be one of the best days of your life...
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emma_)
1st time is never good.... and people actually want that to be on their wedding day.... what should be one of the best days of your life...
Exactly, a wedding day should be the best day of your life which is why the first time is always special. Well I don't actually know this because I can't say I've had that experience at my age but I'm sure it's true.
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Ah, I see. Well...I don't know lol. But I'm sure I can imagine. Wouldn't it be err best, say, on your honeymoon....?

Well, it's the main way of proving your love because you are commiting yourself to that person for the rest of your life.
But nowadays it's not tuly a lifetime commitment and people know that.
Especially if one partner is more sucessful than the other - then marriage might seem a bit nicer because if push comes to shove the poorer partner gets 50%
it blows
J
starry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Uh, sex before marriage isnt a big deal
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
No more than atheist parents make their children think that religion is stupid - hence brainwash.
I'm athiest and my mother is a practicing Catholic and my father, whilst he isn't very religious, would never go so far as to say he is an athiest.
hitchhiker_13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by caz)
yup too bad us nonbrainwashed people dont give a ****

This has been talked about SO MANY TIMES on other threads.
What is the point of brainwashing people in this way?
Don't you think people must get something out of religion if they still follow it, as surely in this day and age it would be easier not to, considering the abuse they get from people like you?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (222)
60.99%
Yes- I don't like it (16)
4.4%
No- I want it (101)
27.75%
No- I don't want it (25)
6.87%

Watched Threads