This discussion is closed.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hitchhiker_13)
This has been talked about SO MANY TIMES on other threads.
What is the point of brainwashing people in this way?
Don't you think people must get something out of religion if they still follow it, as surely in this day and age it would be easier not to, considering the abuse they get from people like you?
But even in this country, most people would automatically say they are Christian, even if they don't practice it. So it is still considered normal to follow religion.
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
But even in this country, most people would automatically say they are Christian, even if they don't practice it. So it is still considered normal to follow religion.
Point taken.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
I'm athiest and my mother is a practicing Catholic and my father, whilst he isn't very religious, would never go so far as to say he is an athiest.
Congratulations.

What is your point?
hitchhiker_13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Congratulations.

What is your point?

I think his point was that he was not brainwashed by his family or anyone else, but allowed to make his own decisions without interference.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think his point was that he was not brainwashed by his family or anyone else, but allowed to make his own decisions without interference.
Like many people are.

I wasn't inferring that this always happens.
Nafisa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Like many people are.

I wasn't inferring that this always happens.
soooo..........
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
Christians don't believe in it either...do they?
I'm not against it myself
im a Xtian, but i dont see the problem with Sex b4 Marriage.

PS. im fuuuuuuuuuuulllllll!
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Nafisa)
soooo..........
are you OK?
Nafisa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
are you OK?
uh ha why?
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
uh ha why?
"sooooo......"
Nafisa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
"sooooo......"
I just didnt understand where the thread was goin, it had digressed off the point a bit

soooooooooo
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I just didnt understand where the thread was goin, it had digressed off the point a bit

soooooooooo
all threads do eventually
Nafisa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
all threads do eventually
I know
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I know
do you still think will young is not gay?
caz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
This has been talked about SO MANY TIMES on other threads.
What is the point of brainwashing people in this way?
Don't you think people must get something out of religion if they still follow it, as surely in this day and age it would be easier not to, considering the abuse they get from people like you?
hm, let's see, round up people by the millions, tell them to meet every sunday (or even more often) and pay offerings (i like how it requests 10% in the name of God, greedy *******s)

not to mention the narcissistic hold it places on people's minds and lives, and the way it has hijacked society (thanks, religion, for bestowing upon us the great blessing of censorship)
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
is anyone watching the program on BBC2 at the moment about promoting abstinance in america?
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
is anyone watching the program on BBC2 at the moment about promoting abstinance in america?
No, but I've heard about it. Is it the 'movement' where they wear silver rings?
Josh75077
Report 16 years ago
I had sex with my girl friend for the first time 4 months ago we really wanted to do it and we made it special. My parents were away and I was staying at a friends so we went back to my house. It was good......but when I think about it now.......I think I should have waited. She feels the same.

Some people hate the fact there maybe a powerful God who tells you what you should do, maybe he has reasons we don't quite get, maybe we're just so full of ourself we care only for what we want.

Maybe sex should be for marriage for a reason.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by caz)
hm, let's see, round up people by the millions, tell them to meet every sunday (or even more often) and pay offerings (i like how it requests 10% in the name of God, greedy *******s)

not to mention the narcissistic hold it places on people's minds and lives, and the way it has hijacked society (thanks, religion, for bestowing upon us the great blessing of censorship)
They washed your brain good.
caz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They washed your brain good.
hm funny how i call u brainwashed, and now ur copying what i said (i'm assuming ur religious, otherwise ur an idiot)

would be nice if people could think for their self, jackass
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads