The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
hitchhiker_13
This has been talked about SO MANY TIMES on other threads.
What is the point of brainwashing people in this way?
Don't you think people must get something out of religion if they still follow it, as surely in this day and age it would be easier not to, considering the abuse they get from people like you?

But even in this country, most people would automatically say they are Christian, even if they don't practice it. So it is still considered normal to follow religion.
Lord Huntroyde
But even in this country, most people would automatically say they are Christian, even if they don't practice it. So it is still considered normal to follow religion.

Point taken.
Reply 82
Lord Huntroyde
I'm athiest and my mother is a practicing Catholic and my father, whilst he isn't very religious, would never go so far as to say he is an athiest.

Congratulations.

What is your point?
Bigcnee
Congratulations.

What is your point?

I think his point was that he was not brainwashed by his family or anyone else, but allowed to make his own decisions without interference.
Reply 84
hitchhiker_13
I think his point was that he was not brainwashed by his family or anyone else, but allowed to make his own decisions without interference.

Like many people are.

I wasn't inferring that this always happens.
Reply 85
Bigcnee
Like many people are.

I wasn't inferring that this always happens.

soooo..........
Tinykates
Christians don't believe in it either...do they?
I'm not against it myself

im a Xtian, but i dont see the problem with Sex b4 Marriage.

PS. im fuuuuuuuuuuulllllll!
Reply 87
Nafisa
soooo..........

are you OK?
Reply 88
Bigcnee
are you OK?

uh ha why?
Reply 89
Nafisa
uh ha why?

"sooooo......"
Reply 90
Bigcnee
"sooooo......"

I just didnt understand where the thread was goin, it had digressed off the point a bit

soooooooooo
Reply 91
Nafisa
I just didnt understand where the thread was goin, it had digressed off the point a bit

soooooooooo

all threads do eventually
Reply 92
eric bischoff
all threads do eventually

I know :biggrin:
Reply 93
Nafisa
I know :biggrin:

do you still think will young is not gay?
Reply 94
hitchhiker_13
This has been talked about SO MANY TIMES on other threads.
What is the point of brainwashing people in this way?
Don't you think people must get something out of religion if they still follow it, as surely in this day and age it would be easier not to, considering the abuse they get from people like you?

hm, let's see, round up people by the millions, tell them to meet every sunday (or even more often) and pay offerings (i like how it requests 10% in the name of God, greedy bastards)

not to mention the narcissistic hold it places on people's minds and lives, and the way it has hijacked society (thanks, religion, for bestowing upon us the great blessing of censorship)
Reply 95
is anyone watching the program on BBC2 at the moment about promoting abstinance in america?
MattG
is anyone watching the program on BBC2 at the moment about promoting abstinance in america?

No, but I've heard about it. Is it the 'movement' where they wear silver rings?
Reply 97
I had sex with my girl friend for the first time 4 months ago we really wanted to do it and we made it special. My parents were away and I was staying at a friends so we went back to my house. It was good......but when I think about it now.......I think I should have waited. She feels the same.

Some people hate the fact there maybe a powerful God who tells you what you should do, maybe he has reasons we don't quite get, maybe we're just so full of ourself we care only for what we want.

Maybe sex should be for marriage for a reason.
Reply 98
caz
hm, let's see, round up people by the millions, tell them to meet every sunday (or even more often) and pay offerings (i like how it requests 10% in the name of God, greedy bastards)

not to mention the narcissistic hold it places on people's minds and lives, and the way it has hijacked society (thanks, religion, for bestowing upon us the great blessing of censorship)

They washed your brain good.
Reply 99
Bigcnee
They washed your brain good.

hm funny how i call u brainwashed, and now ur copying what i said (i'm assuming ur religious, otherwise ur an idiot)

would be nice if people could think for their self, jackass

Latest

Trending

Trending