This discussion is closed.
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
How rude. You might get neg reped for that.
O wait, you've already been pummeled to the heady depths of grey gem.

Elle "It's an old-fashioned view that people used when there was no contraception available. (soz if I'm repeating someone)"
-Agreed.

4ED "Surely a more relevant question now would be, Would you have a One Night Stand?"
-Have done and it's not all it's cracked up to be. Don't get me wrong, she was fit as, but the shock of waking up in someone else's bed, with some random girl entwined around you is powerful. Almost as bad as realising you don't know her name, she can't speak a word of english, is colombian (flag hanging in room) and that if she presses on your stomach any more you'll throw up.
I'm sure there are better ways of getting laid though...

caz "religious boy is getting angry"
-What problem do you have with religion? As much problems as it can cause, it helps so many people deal with life. Everyone has some kind of religion, even if they don't know it.

J
hehe, I don't feel anything needs to be added to that, though I do chant a lusty 'here here'
snow_white
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i don't think the question these days should be is sex before marrage right, it's more so if they do have sex before marrage was it for the right reasons and were thier intentions good. people who have sex when they're like 15 or 16 for sum stupid reason to conform to thier friends ways or to thier partner is wrong. it's so pointless and saddenning that people can give away that special part of themselves so easily. i hate the fact that kids just have sex, i mean im 18 and i think it's wrong. why sell yourself to some kid your probably never going to see again and don't really love. why?
it's not wrong to have sex before marrage but people should be older more mature, capable of deciding honestly for themselves if it is the right thing to do. i was nearly 18 when i lost my virginity, but i did it for all the right reasons, i know it was an honest commitment we were both willing to enter into, we both loved eachother to an undescribable extent and our having sex was a way of showing that, not some sleezy dirty one night stand or meaningless ****. doesn't it bother people that by the time they do marry they'll have been woth so many people, people throw sex around too easily when it should be so much more.
i know i'm only going to have sex with one person my hole life and that makes me feel good about myself not silly or religeous, it's something i can be proud of and treasure, not be embarrassed by. i think kids today need to rethink thier intentions for sex.
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
its always good to have some idea of what u r doing before u commit to anything serious, just call it a rehearsal
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You didn't phrase the question very well - "sex before marriage"
would we be answering YES - I would have sex before marriage or YES I believe in the rule of no sex before marriage.
or NO I don't believe you should have sex before marriage or NO I don't believe in the sex before marriage is wrong belief.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
its always good to have some idea of what u r doing before u commit to anything serious, just call it a rehearsal
Just what is wrong with sex before marriage anyway? It is only sex, between to people who care for each other it is love. Wow! There is a difference. When we were given the tools, we weren't given a set of rules to follow.
1-Put on a penguin suit/white gown
2-Remove the other persons penguin suit/white gown
3-Do the deed.
Amy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Just what is wrong with sex before marriage anyway? It is only sex, between to people who care for each other it is love. Wow! There is a difference. When we were given the tools, we weren't given a set of rules to follow.
1-Put on a penguin suit/white gown
2-Remove the other persons penguin suit/white gown
3-Do the deed.
theres jesus in the background...
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
theres jesus in the background...
Maybe an icon of Jesus, but i've never seen him in Church.
Amy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Maybe an icon of Jesus, but i've never seen him in Church.
exactly, religion is all a scam, it makes people believe so that the church or whatever can tell u how to run ur life and take ur money and everything u possess as being their own, has any1 ever seen hinm in church or anywhere else for that matter?? its all a load of story telling...
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
exactly, religion is all a scam, it makes people believe so that the church or whatever can tell u how to run ur life and take ur money and everything u possess as being their own, has any1 ever seen hinm in church or anywhere else for that matter?? its all a load of story telling...
on that note, where do the tieths and offerings go? notice how pastors and such (especially in AoG churches) r all really wealthy. the pastors family at the church i used2 go 2 were rollin in it...
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The church doesnt take money of anyway unless they are willing to give it. Also the chruch especially the catholic one will actually lend you money with no interest charge if you are desperatly poor, or desperatly need it. The church keeps itself to itself and would never claim to own anything of yours.

So not quite.
Amy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The church doesnt take money of anyway unless they are willing to give it. Also the chruch especially the catholic one will actually lend you money with no interest charge if you are desperatly poor, or desperatly need it. The church keeps itself to itself and would never claim to own anything of yours.

So not quite.
right.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
on that note, where do the tieths and offerings go? notice how pastors and such (especially in AoG churches) r all really wealthy. the pastors family at the church i used2 go 2 were rollin in it...
To pay for the upkeep of the parish and the priests home. You will find that priest are not 'rollin in it'. They are paid about 4-6k a year. They might live in a big house but they dont own it.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

So not quite.
Yeah, I don't quite agree with what glitter had to say. Yet the whole rule of no sex before marriage is a tad out of date don't you think?
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
right.
Seen as I went to the most famous catholic school in the country I should know just about.

Btw I dont belive in god.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Yeah, I don't quite agree with what glitter had to say. Yet the whole rule of no sex before marriage is a tad out of date don't you think?
Indeed it is. Some morals the church have still apply in modern society. Others like the sex before marriage idea doesnt.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
To pay for the upkeep of the parish and the priests home. You will find that priest are not 'rollin in it'. They are paid about 4-6k a year. They might live in a big house but they dont own it.
actually rhe pastor at my old church lives mear me in his OWN house with all widescreen tv's, top notch dvd players, plasma screen pcs etc etc. his sister of my age was given a bday pressy last year off him, her own car and a building in which to begin her business. (hair and beuaty). bearin in mind Mr K (code name) only runs a small cashing shop and pastors, now where does he gets all his money from? hIS WIFE is at home with the kiddies... .oO(wonders)
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Indeed it is. Some morals the church have still apply in modern society. Others like the sex before marriage idea doesnt.
Brilliant. Now if only everyone else had that same flexibility.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Seen as I went to the most famous catholic school in the country I should know just about.

Btw I dont belive in god.
its weird isnt it that all kids who go to religious or catholic schools end up hating religion, not beleiving in god, and are definatly not what u would class as christians or whatever
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
actually rhe pastor at my old church lives mear me in his OWN house with all widescreen tv's, top notch dvd players, plasma screen pcs etc etc. his sister of my age was given a bday pressy last year off him, her own car and a building in which to begin her business. (hair and beuaty). bearin in mind Mr K (code name) only runs a small cashing shop and pastors, now where does he gets all his money from? hIS WIFE is at home with the kiddies... .oO(wonders)
He might be from a rich family. There is nothing wrong with providing for your family. My old school and Ampleforth have many examples of wealthy people giving up their lives for god.
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by snow_white)
i don't think the question these days should be is sex before marrage right, it's more so if they do have sex before marrage was it for the right reasons and were thier intentions good. people who have sex when they're like 15 or 16 for sum stupid reason to conform to thier friends ways or to thier partner is wrong. it's so pointless and saddenning that people can give away that special part of themselves so easily. i hate the fact that kids just have sex, i mean im 18 and i think it's wrong. why sell yourself to some kid your probably never going to see again and don't really love. why?
it's not wrong to have sex before marrage but people should be older more mature, capable of deciding honestly for themselves if it is the right thing to do. i was nearly 18 when i lost my virginity, but i did it for all the right reasons, i know it was an honest commitment we were both willing to enter into, we both loved eachother to an undescribable extent and our having sex was a way of showing that, not some sleezy dirty one night stand or meaningless ****. doesn't it bother people that by the time they do marry they'll have been woth so many people, people throw sex around too easily when it should be so much more.
i know i'm only going to have sex with one person my hole life and that makes me feel good about myself not silly or religeous, it's something i can be proud of and treasure, not be embarrassed by. i think kids today need to rethink thier intentions for sex.
That is beautiful, and i quite agree with you
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (216)
67.92%
No (102)
32.08%

Watched Threads