Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Earlier this year, I applied to University of Plymouth through UCAS Clearing and got my place confirmed for 2005 entry. Later on, due to some unavoidable circumstances, my entry was deferred to September' 2006.

After getting the Final Letter (containing the Acceptance of the place in Plymouth) from UCAS, I also received the confirmation of deferred entry from the uni, but not from UCAS.

Isn't UCAS supposed to send me a letter of confirmation, containing the uni's altered decision? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't really be concerned. You already have a university in mind, and the university knows that you will be enrolling next year. Forget about UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanjiv)
    I wouldn't really be concerned. You already have a university in mind, and the university knows that you will be enrolling next year. Forget about UCAS.
    Well... I originally applied to UCAS in the 1st place and they forwarded my application to the universities. All the decisions of the unis were confirmed by UCAS throughout the application cycle, so why not the last one?

Yeah, I know that it probably won't be a problem in getting in to the uni if the confirmation is not received from UCAS, but I'd need to provide all the relevant documents to the British High Commission to apply for a Student Visa.

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question about deferring.

On UCAS I think you had to state for each course whether you want to defer entry to 2007 (please correct me if wrong). Is this choice now firm or can you change your mind (or does it depend on the university/course whether they'll let you change)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steve M06)
    Just a quick question about deferring.

On UCAS I think you had to state for each course whether you want to defer entry to 2007 (please correct me if wrong). Is this choice now firm or can you change your mind (or does it depend on the university/course whether they'll let you change)?
    Yes, you can change your mind at anytime and the uni is able to defer your place at anytime before the start of the course, though it's sometimes mentioned in UCAS booklet that you can defer until 1st August of the year of entry. Just take my case as an example. My place was deferred on 20th September' 2005.

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by <A-S-H-I-Q-U-E>)
    Yes, you can change your mind at anytime and the uni is able to defer your place at anytime before the start of the course, though it's sometimes mentioned in UCAS booklet that you can defer until 1st August of the year of entry. Just take my case as an example. My place was deferred on 20th September' 2005.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks ashique.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.