The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Where do you live in years 2 & 3?

Hey guys,

I have an unconditional offer for Warwick & I'll probably firm but before I do I just want to find out about where everyone lives in the 2nd & 3rd year... like how safe it is, how easy it is to get to campus etc? Is it easy to find houses for relatively large groups of people? Thanks!
Original post by LittleChloPeep
Hey guys,

I have an unconditional offer for Warwick & I'll probably firm but before I do I just want to find out about where everyone lives in the 2nd & 3rd year... like how safe it is, how easy it is to get to campus etc? Is it easy to find houses for relatively large groups of people? Thanks!

Most people live in Leam, foreign students and a tiny amount of domestic students live in Cov. The rest go to Kenilworth or Earlsden. Some 3rd years go on campus again, generally internationals and those returning from years abroad.

Houses are pretty easy to find in Leam, but there will almost definitely be drama about choosing who you live with. Just try and have some perspective on the whole thing.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
You live where you want, in what sort of a group you want. Seriously IT IS THE SAME NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO TO UNIVERSITY! The only difference is the city you find yourself in.

Luckily Warwick students have options. Leamington Spa, Coventry (centre, or Earlsdon/Chapelfields, or Canley) or Kenilworth.

Which one you go for (and indeed how many people you live with) is personal preference.

I'm going into third year next year but because I'm returning from Erasmus I get guaranteed campus (and it's not like I'm with a whole bunch of randoms either - my friend and I put in a group application). In fourth I'd probably opt for Earlsdon. I quite like it there, and the commute is a lot easier than from Leam (in fact, I'd get a bike and on good weather days, or even bad weather days when I didn't have anything to do other than go to a class, I'd cycle in).
Original post by Callum828
Most people live in Leam, foreign students and a tiny amount of domestic students live in Cov. The rest go to Kenilworth or Earlsden. Some 3rd years go on campus again, generally internationals and those returning from years abroad.

Houses are pretty easy to find in Leam, but there will almost definitely be drama about choosing who you live with. Just try and have some perspective on the whole thing.

it would be weird having to commute back and forth every day?
Original post by schroeder's dog
it would be weird having to commute back and forth every day?

You'll have to commute every day no matter where you live 2nd year. The only difference is that Leam has a decent social life.
can you commute every day and still feel part of the university?
Reply 6

Thanks for the advice! Is it an easy commute from Leamington?
Reply 7
Original post by georgia
You live where you want, in what sort of a group you want. Seriously IT IS THE SAME NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO TO UNIVERSITY! The only difference is the city you find yourself in.

Luckily Warwick students have options. Leamington Spa, Coventry (centre, or Earlsdon/Chapelfields, or Canley) or Kenilworth.

Which one you go for (and indeed how many people you live with) is personal preference.

I'm going into third year next year but because I'm returning from Erasmus I get guaranteed campus (and it's not like I'm with a whole bunch of randoms either - my friend and I put in a group application). In fourth I'd probably opt for Earlsdon. I quite like it there, and the commute is a lot easier than from Leam (in fact, I'd get a bike and on good weather days, or even bad weather days when I didn't have anything to do other than go to a class, I'd cycle in).

Thanks for your advice, Earlsdon sounds good espec if you can cycle!
Reply 8
Thanks for your advice, Earlsdon sounds good espec if you can cycle!

No worries :smile: My ex actually lives there and last year he cycled in most days, he only got a lift from a friend every now and then around exam time I think.
Thanks for the advice! Is it an easy commute from Leamington?

If you live in the North the buses can be hell, but they're fine in the South.
Original post by georgia
No worries :smile: My ex actually lives there and last year he cycled in most days, he only got a lift from a friend every now and then around exam time I think.

If you live in the North the buses can be hell, but they're fine in the South.

Awesome, thanks for the info guys!

Quick Reply

Latest