The Student Room Group

Should prostitution be made legal?

We were going to have this debate at school about whether or not prostitution should be made legal, but we weren’t allowed...so we planned to have it in secret but then our school got burnt down and so things went a bit pooey...so we can debate it here...

Ok...im for the legalisation of prostitution because there are so many girls from Eastern Europe and other places that are forced into by gangs and have no way out. They tend to be threatened and live their lives in fear of being caught and have no way but to submit to those men who happen to have forced them into it. So by legalising it many women, or in this case prostitutes, can call for help...giving them an escape way...

What do you guys think?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why should it be kept illegal is the question. Age limits should apply of course, but other than that, you're talking about what is possibly the worlds oldest profession.
Reply 2
Sire
Why should it be kept illegal is the question. Age limits should apply of course, but other than that, you're talking about what is possibly the worlds oldest profession.

and pleasure :wink:
Reply 3
eric bischoff
and pleasure :wink:

well you know i think men who sleep with prossies are sick desperate people...but good in the sense they provide these poor girls with livelihoods.
Reply 4
I think it should be made legal simply so it can be regulated properly.
Reply 5
So... Vote YES on Proposition H.

It should be made legal, but illegal if no condom is used. Also there must be a governing body, not a blow up doll, but an actualy organisation. We want competitive prices after all, and also for the best available service. Prostitutes must be registered, as we do not want 55 year olds in this industry, as they are vomit inducing.

If people can smoke, eat and drink themselves to death, why not allow Prostitution? What about arranged marriages? If we truly are a cultural diverse society, we must allow prositiution. Any objections will be met by claims of racism and also blasphemy, as Mary Magadalene (Jesus' bit on the side) was also a prostititue.

No debate, for there can not be another side to the argument.
(gayboy09 has also considered that the bible objects to fornication, but Jesus didn't stone his bit on the side Mary Magdalene to death, did he?)
If labour have their ay theyll be university degrees in prostitution soon.
Reply 7
ThornsnRoses
We were going to have this debate at school about whether or not prostitution should be made legal, but we weren’t allowed...so we planned to have it in secret but then our school got burnt down and so things went a bit pooey...so we can debate it here...

Ok...im for the legalisation of prostitution because there are so many girls from Eastern Europe and other places that are forced into by gangs and have no way out. They tend to be threatened and live their lives in fear of being caught and have no way but to submit to those men who happen to have forced them into it. So by legalising it many women, or in this case prostitutes, can call for help...giving them an escape way...

What do you guys think?!

how by making it legal will it help the girls who are violently forced into the "profession"? it being legal would not stop the gangs trafficking women, if anything it would make it easier for them to make money to deal in a legimate environment.

It wouldnt get legalised. the government has to hold to moral principles. i cannot see the government backing down on hundreds of years of law.
Reply 8
ThornsnRoses
well you know i think men who sleep with prossies are sick desperate people...but good in the sense they provide these poor girls with livelihoods.

well im 13 so i can say anything without meaning it :biggrin: :wink:
Reply 9
MattG
how by making it legal will it help the girls who are violently forced into the "profession"? it being legal would not stop the gangs trafficking women, if anything it would make it easier for them to make money to deal in a legimate environment.

It wouldnt get legalised. the government has to hold to moral principles. i cannot see the government backing down on hundreds of years of law.

they can go to the police
Reply 10
ThornsnRoses
they can go to the police

what stops them now? it being illegal makes it easier to convict the traffickers but if it were legal a large quantity of evidence would be needed to arrest them, because they would be working in a legimate profession. if it was legal the threat of violence stopping them is still there.
MattG
what stops them now? it being illegal makes it easier to convict the traffickers but if it were legal a large quantity of evidence would be needed to arrest them, because they would be working in a legimate profession. if it was legal the threat of violence stopping them is still there.

well the fact that they can prosectue the prostitutes themselves...
Reply 12
ThornsnRoses
well the fact that they can prosectue the prostitutes themselves...

if they are been used by traffickers then they would be seen as victims themselves.
Reply 13
In principle, I think it is wrong that the state should interfere with people's lives/bodies in any way.

But, if you have a state that exists to enforce capitalism, there is certainly a good argument that it should also limit the extremes of exploitation that such a system produces.

So, in theory, in an egalitarian society, I don't think the state should interfere. But in such a society, I doubt there would be much prostitution whether it did or not.
ThornsnRoses

What do you guys think?!

ah tiffin girls....
Reply 15
DanMushMan
ah tiffin girls....

A man experienced in such services of the aforementioned girls?
Reply 16
personally they (the police) should tackle the problems of female explotiation (trafficking, how you spell that?!) but not make it legal, but tolerated to a certain extent.
ThornsnRoses

What do you guys think?!

Yes, I think prostitution should be made legal. Whores provide a service that is highly marketable. Legalised whores would benefit society in many ways. They provide a service that will always be in demand. And help ugly people to get laid. Everyone should have the abilty to access a whore, if they so wish to use one.
2 2776
A man experienced in such services of the aforementioned girls?

lol, just know the school.......
Reply 19
I think it should be made legal, but if it was, do you think it would be as fun? And if it was made legal, don't you think it would get outta control after a while?