This discussion is closed.
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
On Invision Power Board 3.1 (forum software), does anyone know how you can tell it to hide peoples IP addresses from their posts? I can't find the option to tell it to hide them!
*Skippy*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
On Invision Power Board 3.1 (forum software), does anyone know how you can tell it to hide peoples IP addresses from their posts? I can't find the option to tell it to hide them!
i dunno but i thort id answer u neways coz no1 else is tlkin n i feel lonely! plus u liv in cornwall n im tryin to collect frends from round there, ive managed sum1 from bristol n sum1 from somerset so far....
ThePants999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm from Somerset too. Why are you after people from the South West?
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
I wish to know as well, since I'm a (super) moderator on one of them. Only admin has his hideen, no surprise :rolleyes:
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
As far as I know there is no option to hide it. However only admins and mods {if their permissions are set to view ips} can view the ips of members. Regular members cannot see the ip address on the posts.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ThePants999)
i wanna know why as well
Sam2k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Infinity)
As far as I know there is no option to hide it. However only admins and mods {if their permissions are set to view ips} can view the ips of members. Regular members cannot see the ip address on the posts.
You are right, but I want to add that ther is now way for the root admin not to view IP's. NDGAARONDI, if you don't wan to see Ip's tell the admin to turn your ability to do so off.
*Skippy*
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ThePants999)
aw coz i love the accent its well good coz im from london n i went there once on an extended writing course with school in kilve and plus i have family there n i just love it coz its so pretty! i just remember watchin the stars coz i cnt see stars where i liv n i looked up n saw a shootin star it was so symbolic but hopefully im goin there in october!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (7)
31.82%
No (13)
59.09%
Don't know (2)
9.09%

Watched Threads