Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    No and it would not be desirable if we could since whatever governing body existed would either be too large and beurocratic or totally ineffective and what if a tyrant came to power in the leadership? It would be anarchy!

Nation-states exist in the way they do for a reason, we should all be thankful of the geo-political balance of power.

ReputationRep:
    Which is why we need robots to run everything... honestly do I have to spell it out for everybody! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calvin)
    Which is why we need robots to run everything... honestly do I have to spell it out for everybody! :rolleyes:
    Your logic is undeniable...

I have to stop watching I-Robot...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lady_daisychain)
    i'm a bit dubious about that, i think animals arent born with a territorial instinct, it just develops as they try to survive. i think when you're born- you have no real instinct, unless you call 'blinking' an instinct (or is it a reflex?), and other biological type instincts. but, like animals, i think we develop the territorial trait, rather than being born with it.

if we lived in 'one world', with no borders and where we would live together as one, then we wouldnt need to feel threatened by others, thus wouldnt need to get all 'territorial' and make borders and boundaries.

but the problem with this is, you cant create a whole new generation that isnt territorial, and who would be willing to live in one world- we have to be realistic, the only way humans feel safe in this world is through the use of borders as territory brings security, therefore people see a 'one world' as sort of an affront to their security- so they dont want it.
    There were tribal conflicts in Africa long before us europeans corrupted their perfect lives. Same so with the native american tribes. Presumably at one point, too, everyone in Europe was totally equal.

I feel that your belief fails for the exact same reason Marxism does.

ReputationRep:
    Brave new world. Just drug the heck out of everybody and a whole load of eugenics. If everybody is happy you have a perfect world. Maybe not by our standards, but certainly by the standards you could programme people to have. And what other standards are important than the ones everybody has right then and there?
    There's something to be said for brainwashing. World Peace and love in our time.

ReputationRep:
    Only when "New America" is made from the middle east. Then we will all be under their rule! Lets play a game. How many states does "New America" have?

Hint: Think middle east.

ReputationRep:
    Long live the robots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayaan)
    Your logic is undeniable...

I have to stop watching I-Robot...

I-robot..... poor Ayaan..... getting hooked onto a D grade film.

BTW, you sig is awesome!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SolInvincitus)
    I-robot..... poor Ayaan..... getting hooked onto a D grade film.
    D-Grade? How dare you, sir! How very dare you!

(Original post by SolInvincitus)
    BTW, you sig is awesome!!!!
    Thanks goes out to Cosmik on this one, temporarily banned, but still lurking, in our hearts, and probably on this forum...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    All you need is love, love. Love is all you need.
    You love love love
    I love love love
    You love love love
    I love love love

I love-ah love-ah love-ah you!
    Do you love me too?

(JSRF)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.