Any tips or advice please? Watch

absolutelygazeboed
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I have to give a presentation on wednesday. I am fairly well prepared and everything.. I'm just really worried about actually giving it
I have always been terrified of talking in front of groups.. In secondary school I actually got so stressed about it I had to go and see my teacher in tears and he eventually agreed to let me present it to him at lunch time rather than in front of the group.
I just like start shaking and go really red, and then I can't talk properly and I kind of mumble really quickly through the whole thing so no-one understands a word of it because im in such a hurry to sit down again
Any advice or tips anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated. Practice isn't helping as I have had this problem the whole way through school and now at university
cadaeibfeceh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just keep telling yourself that no one naturally finds it that easy and everyone knows what you're going through. If something actually did go wrong, which is very unlikely, there'll be more sympathy and empathy than anything else.

And if that doesn't work be confident that you're successfully losing weight and have an awesome Michael McIntyre username!
MovingOn
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
As much as I dislike presentations I can't deny there's an adrenalin rush after I've forced myself to do one! My tips are to plaster a smile on your face (even though you won't feel like it) and just make sure to look your audience in the eye to engage them. Honestly, it's over before you know it and it's an achievement!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.51%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.81%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (137)
17.02%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.16%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.81%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.68%

Watched Threads