Yet another reason for men not to get married. Watch

Psyk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by NGC773)
Seems fair to me....

She has two children too look after now by herself. As a father he should be help out, its a ***** but its life. If she was running off with another man and still taking that 285k then i would be annoyed
She has two children, but he's missing a leg. Maybe it would be better to have him pay a reasonable amount per month towards raising the children rather than a massive lump sum. Seems more manageable that way. After all before they split up he was probably effectively doing that.
MTR_10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
stop believing what you read in the media.
HumanNature1992
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That's why you pick the right girl
MTR_10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Also what most of you seem to have not read is that he bought 2 properties with the money in 1998. Now when you consider the chances that the value of those has probably increased dramatically since, his actual worth is most likely closer to double what he has paid as compensation in 1998.

Interesting to note how the article mentions the percentage of money his wife is taking from what he had in 1998 and not what he has now.
captnibby1234
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why is it that when it comes to divorces, women always get a huge slice of the cake?
Psyk
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by captnibby1234)
Why is it that when it comes to divorces, women always get a huge slice of the cake?
Because they're normally the ones who were earning less, and they're normally the ones the children will live with.
Installation
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
He's got permission to go the Court of Appeal, they seem quite eager to look over the case as well...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (135)
18.12%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (76)
10.2%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (128)
17.18%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (106)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (74)
9.93%
How can I be the best version of myself? (226)
30.34%

Watched Threads