This discussion is closed.
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
This one has me worried people. I'm seriously thinking of popping the question, but I have to be honest. I'm **** scared basically. What will she say? Is it really the right thing to do? I'm looking to all you dreamy youngsters out there who still have that perfect day pictured in your mind. Just how do you think it should be done? More importantly when do you know if you're ready? Someone once told me that if you had to ask yourself if it was time, then clearly it wasn't time. But I'm not even sure if this makes sense now. Help me please. One confused Australian bloke.
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
This one has me worried people. I'm seriously thinking of popping the question, but I have to be honest. I'm **** scared basically. What will she say? Is it really the right thing to do? I'm looking to all you dreamy youngsters out there who still have that perfect day pictured in your mind. Just how do you think it should be done? More importantly when do you know if you're ready? Someone once told me that if you had to ask yourself if it was time, then clearly it wasn't time. But I'm not even sure if this makes sense now. Help me please. One confused Australian bloke.
Well GO FOR IT! I cant wait for the day i get to do it! Its gunna cost me a fortune though so i hope she says yes whoever it may be at the time.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
how old are you?
Sire
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tinykates)
how old are you?
I am 22. Will be 23 in June
Pegasus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
OK I'm not good at explaining this stuff but here goes:

If you are prepared to spend the rest of your life with her then what difference will it makes if you propoe now or if you propose in the future (even if the fture is only say, in couple of months time)?

Good Luck whatever you decide to do
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
what would getting engaged do? are you really in any rush? ok so this si the girl you love and want to spend the rest of your life with, you know that, i presume she does- is going through the angst of getting engaged at 22/23 (can't be bothered seeing how old you are, i just know it's something like that) really worth it? this is just my opinion, but would you not prefer to get engaged once you've finished uni and have some kinda direction as to where you're both going?

but in the end, if you do decide to go for it, make sure you get her a pretty ring

lou xxx
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Just ask her, the result will be the same if you spend hours agonising over it or not, as MUssolini said "think with your blood", do what feels right.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
I am 22. Will be 23 in June
I'd say go for it too! aww - a wedding!

as for being a dreamy youngster - i don't really know - don't think i'd care HOW you proposed - just the fact that someone was propsoing to me would be GREAT! (well depends who it is - but long-term bf) then i'd defo be over the moon! aww - what a lucky girl she is
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Awww yeah do it somewhere really romantic (not tacky, somewhere that has memories) and don't give a massive long speech just cut to the chase quickly! go for it :-)
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think it all depends on the situation. If you have lived withed your partner for a year or so I think you would get to see whether marriage would work. If you dont live with your partner than that is entrirely different.

Take me for example, I've been going out with my girlfriend for about two years. Although we did live together sort of (we went to boarding school) we could have breaks from each other. Now, we have left school are semi living together which is really weird and when I go to university later this year we are going to be living together full time. Now, i'm not thinking of proposing but I know if we survive through my time at Uni, I would.
Pegasus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
Just ask her, the result will be the same if you spend hours agonising over it or not, as MUssolini said "think with your blood", do what feels right.
Yeah but you know..it *was* Mussolini who said that
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
If it's romantic, it will make her heart melt and she'll probaly say yes if she feels the same. It's every girls dream to be proposed to in a sweet romantic way.

Good luck!
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Oh sire thats so cute!
Sire
Rep:
?
Thanks people. That certainly did help clear a few things up
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
But then again Mussolini wasn't a very admirable man...a coward to say the least. and JSM i though u were going to remove my name from your signiture!
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Aaaah - that's so sweet!
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
But then again Mussolini wasn't a very admirable man...a coward to say the least. and JSM i though u were going to remove my name from your signiture!
hey, if you ask nicely, mussolini had some great quotes

and Sire do what you want to, not what you feel pressured into doing
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sire you know what you should do....tidy up the house, light up candles all over the place (make sure she is well away from home) make a nice dinner, all flower petals and roses all over the place!! oh it would be perfect!!

ok..now im being all girly...
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
get a really nice diamond ring, noone can say no to that!
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
hey, if you ask nicely, mussolini had some great quotes

and Sire do what you want to, not what you feel pressured into doing
you're ignoring my remark about your signiture! :eek:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (97)
61.78%
No (60)
38.22%

Watched Threads