police problem Watch

TheSoftwareGuy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
basically my phone got confiscated by police and they are keeping it for a couple of months. is it legal to request a new sim card?
yourworstnightmare
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why did they confiscate it?

And probably. Why wouldn't it be? :dontknow:
TheSoftwareGuy
Rep:
?
(Original post by yourworstnightmare)
Why did they confiscate it?

And probably. Why wouldn't it be? :dontknow:
dunno... evidence and crap?
yourworstnightmare
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TheSoftwareGuy)
dunno... evidence and crap?
They just walked up to you in the street, took your phone with no explanation and walked off?

You sure they were police... :confused:
fire2burn
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There is absolutely no reason what so ever preventing you from going out and buying a new phone and sim card, perfectly legal.
TheSoftwareGuy
Rep:
?
(Original post by yourworstnightmare)
They just walked up to you in the street, took your phone with no explanation and walked off?

You sure they were police... :confused:
no, that's not why they took my phone. i was arrested for something and had they thought i might have some data on my phone.

is it possible to get the entire phone blocked?
Shortarse1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
no, that's not why they took my phone. i was arrested for something and had they thought i might have some data on my phone.

is it possible to get the entire phone blocked?
What? You want the network to block all access to your phone, presumably to stop the Police finding what they were looking for?

Don't drop the soap!
Silent-Varjoisa
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
basically my phone got confiscated by police and they are keeping it for a couple of months. is it legal to request a new sim card?
I suggest you ask them if you can. Just in cause you get yourself getting in more trouble!
Silent-Varjoisa
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Pretty concerned here: your 40 years old and a look through your old posts shows you flirting with students as young as 17. Beginning to see why they took your phone.
M1F2R3
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Silent-Varjoisa)
Pretty concerned here: your 40 years old and a look through your old posts shows you flirting with students as young as 17. Beginning to see why they took your phone.
:holmes:, good work.
username547863
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
this
NeonSkies
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yes. While you're still a free man you can buy whatever you like, you just can't use the phone that was confiscated from you.
TheSoftwareGuy
Rep:
?
firstly, i'm 42 -- i don't know why TSR shows 40 on my profile. secondly, which girls are you talking about? i can't see any flirting from my past posts. the incident for which i was arrested had nothing to do with sex or human trafficking, but i'm giving all of that business a rest now because of the police investigation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
14.06%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.43%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (51)
20.48%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (37)
14.86%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (31)
12.45%
How can I be the best version of myself? (74)
29.72%

Watched Threads