Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yay or Nay? I think they can look quite cool. Im about to buy one for a rediculous amount of money. Its like puffer jacket thckness.

Also... How does one pronounce 'gilet'?

ReputationRep:
    jilllllllllllllayyyyyyyyyyy

i can say it but cant spell it phoneticaly!

i think they can look cool u have to have like a quirky individual style tho like wear it with a scarf jeans and maybe cowboy boots!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I think the great big, thick one, like the one you are planning to buy look awful and should be avoided at all costs....but then what do I know about fashion?

As for how it's pronounced, until recently the only way I'd ever heard it said was with the 'g' pronounced as in 'girl', so 'gil-et'. Then a month or two back I heard it said 'jilllllllllllllayyyyyyyyyyy' and thought it sounded so stupid coming out the persons mouth......no idea which is correct, but I know which I prefer...lol

ReputationRep:
    not on women, not on men

ReputationRep:
    i thik the puffy ones look really nice with a white top on guys only the grey and black ones though, those thin ones are pointless i think the fishing ones are horrid!!

i used to sell them and it is jilllayy how you pronouce it!!

ReputationRep:
    I saw a sienna miller style furry one in River Island a few weeks back, it was wool with furry patches on the front, i couldn't stop laughing at it, it just looked so utterly ridiculous. Normal sailor ones are fine though, gotta keep warm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killerbee)
    not on women, not on men
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    It should be pronouced like jill - ay, but the *j* sound is like *je* in french If you want to be really ponsy, the *ay* should only be one vowel sound, a very short é :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    what the hell are you lot on about. can some help me out here????

ReputationRep:
    no no and once again no
    i dont no anyone who looks good in them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l1ncs)
    what the hell are you lot on about. can some help me out here????
    they are like body warmer type things!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.