Cheap and effective way of getting drunk.

Watch
kanyewest
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I'll usually always buy a 70cl bottle of Vodka to pre drink before I head out, sometimes I might only have half depending on how late I start. Are there any better, cheaper alternatives to use?
Huskaris
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Paint stripper.
Muffinz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Anything at Aldi.
RadioHawk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
drink anti-freeze
go hospital
get stacks of ethanol to compete with antri-freeze
Es man
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Go for a cheaper vodka

like Glenns

*shudders*

Glenns does taste like **** tho

^^ go with painstripper (Y)
placebo24
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Drink your friend's booze.
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Muffinz)
Anything at Aldi.
Aldi is my life <3

And it's right next to my flat...
kerily
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have a blood sugar problem which essentially means that if I've not eaten for a while, I can get completely and utterly off my tits (hallucinations, massive euphoric high etc) by eating a pound's worth of sherbet. Become me :awesome:
foreveryoung01
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cheap wine!
Muffinz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kerily)
I have a blood sugar problem which essentially means that if I've not eaten for a while, I can get completely and utterly off my tits (hallucinations, massive euphoric high etc) by eating a pound's worth of sherbet. Become me :awesome:
I can do that too, but I prefer not to run the risk of going blind from hyperglycaemia.

£5 bottle of peach schnapps at Aldi = :love:
Forever a Gnome
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lighter fluid.
adam_zed
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you are already hammered, go sharking for other peoples drinks like a pikey.

I wont however be doing this again considering the last time I did I remember drinking a glass of wine and then waking up on a bench with intermittent flashes of the night bus journey in-between. On the plus side, I may well have taken a bullet for some random lady that night albeit unintentionally.
Jesse_Mac
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I second the Glenns suggestion, although I don't mind it too much. Just dilute it quite a lot to begin. It's not that bad if you can barely taste it. Think last time I got it it was £13 for a litre? Although being the class act I am that went in two nights, along with cheap cider. 37.5% (40 units per litre) :yy:
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I can do that too, but I prefer not to run the risk of going blind from hyperglycaemia.

£5 bottle of peach schnapps at Aldi = :love:
You mean £4.49 then 18p Aldi lemonade :sogood:
Muffinz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
You mean £4.49 then 18p Aldi lemonade :sogood:
YES!!! I love it! I'm using google maps trying to find the closest Aldi to my uni choices just so I can get it lol
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
YES!!! I love it! I'm using google maps trying to find the closest Aldi to my uni choices just so I can get it lol
Literally I am going to miss it when move flat next year...me and flaties have agreed to stock up on cheap aldi wine, taurus and peach schnapps from them =D
kerily
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My blood sugar drops like a stone after, so I only really run the risk of the low being damaging for me, but I don't care - the high is so indescribably good that I put up with the after-effects. (... I realise I am probably ****ing up my body, but it just doesn't occur to you that these things matter )
Muffinz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kerily)
My blood sugar drops like a stone after, so I only really run the risk of the low being damaging for me, but I don't care - the high is so indescribably good that I put up with the after-effects. (... I realise I am probably ****ing up my body, but it just doesn't occur to you that these things matter )
The problem is, if you go low and start displaying hypo symptoms (slurring words, shaking, nausea), and you smell of drink and nobody realises you have a condition, then everyone will just think you're pissed and won't help you. Running the risk of perminant brain damage scares me.

EDIT: NVM, you talked about sweeties. Still!
member398873
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mindsweeping.
HumanNature1992
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Acting drunk
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (24)
16.67%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (48)
33.33%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (14)
9.72%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (14)
9.72%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
4.86%
I think it's an unfair expectation (34)
23.61%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
2.08%

Watched Threads