Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think glasses are cute, like has been said, if they suit the person. I think something that would put guys off is if they were very big, thick lensed glasses that the girl was more or less blind without; obviously for some things they do need to be taken off, and that could be a little off putting? Short of that, I don't see why people would have a problem, I sure don't.

ReputationRep:
    im startin to think i shud pretend to need glasses and get some..

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't bother me. As long as they are the right kind of glasses they can make a girl look really sexy.

Ow oooowww oooooooowwwwww [smacks himself on the head with a hammer]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by organised_chaos)
    As a girl who wears glasses, I wanna conduct an experiment..sort of thing...

How many boys are put off by glasses? If so why? and what are your impressions of girls who wear them?

be honest, just not brutal
    To be honest, I think girls with glasses just make a spectacle of themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    Clearly glasses suggest education and sophistication. That can be quite a good thing
    Damn right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    To be honest, I think girls with glasses just make a spectacle of themselves.
    That's not funny in the slightest

ReputationRep:
    Last week I was in one of the uni hall bars, and I was talking to a guy I hadn't met before. I was wearing my glasses because I'd pulled an all nighter the night before and my eyes were tired. When I took my glasses off, he said I should put them back on again, because he thought they were sexy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    That's not funny in the slightest
    Not one of my best I have to admit - but at least you got it. :p:

So, girls with glasses.......

ReputationRep:
    Unless they're absolutely hideous things like the pair my mum used to wear 15 years ago, I don't have a problem at all with girls wearing glasses. In fact, the last girl I asked out is a very close friend of mine who frequently wears glasses (or contact lenses) - she looks just as attractive to me with the glasses as she does without

If only she would get out of her "I don't date my mates" mindset

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by organised_chaos)
    As a girl who wears glasses, I wanna conduct an experiment..sort of thing...

How many boys are put off by glasses? If so why? and what are your impressions of girls who wear them?

be honest, just not brutal
    What kind of shallow ass would be put off by a girl just because they wear glasses :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I stopped wearing contact lenses.. because i realised that glasses looked a lot more sexy (+ they were cheaper lol)

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I encourage my girlfriend to wear her glasses more often.

ReputationRep:
    Glasses are hoooooooot! They make chicks look even better then normal. Adds the air of sophistication to a look, even if there dim.

Braces too....

ReputationRep:
    Before I got glasses, I got no attention from boys.
    I now have glasses and I still get no attention, so glasses certainly don't do anything for me!

ReputationRep:
    if the lady is wearing a monocle that is definitely a bonus

ReputationRep:
    Conisdering I wear them myself, I can hardly be put off a girl for having the same problem as me

ReputationRep:
    I find them a turn-on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xemilyx)
    i think (even though im a girl) glasses look right on certain girls and make them look sexy and sophisticated has to be the right type of glasses as well.... im not making sense but i have glasses for reading etc so.... ive been told i look sexy in my glasses hmm.... sorry.
    yea if a girl is wearing the right sort of glasses that suit them, they can look damn sexii..that nice sophisticated look can definitely be a turn-on

ReputationRep:
    Although I like to see pro-glasses stuff (being as I don't mind wearing them and contact lenses would annoy me) I can't help wondering if there's bias in this poll as in a previous poll the vast majority of TSRers seemed to wear glasses

ReputationRep:
    og course not, theres this beautiful gal a t school whose muc h cuter when she wears her glasses on... but recently she had contact lenses -_-

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.