Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I hated wearing my glasses so much hat I got contacts when I was 11. I hardly ever wear my glasses if i can avoid it.

ReputationRep:
    I love my glasses. I don't like being seen without them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm supposed to wear reading glasses but I hardly ever do. It's because one of my eyes is really bad while the other one is normal, so it doesn't really make much difference to my sight if I put them on or not (obviously, it's better for my bad eye but since I usually just see out of my good one, it doesn't have a remarkable change). I really should though...

I wish I was someone who suited glasses. Some people just look great with glasses, while some (like me) doesn't as much.

ReputationRep:
    I hate wearing my glasses. Bah.

ReputationRep:
    a definate no

ReputationRep:
    i like glasses

ReputationRep:
    I'm short sighted in one eye so i wear glasses all the time at home, and in lessons at school. I've got contacts too which last me for 2 months rather than one because i only wear one at a time . I like glasses, but contacts are better for going down town in

ReputationRep:
    it's what's behind the glasses imo

ReputationRep:
    Nope, definitely not.

ReputationRep:
    I wear contacts... mch more comfortable... and you dont have to worry about them falling off etc. lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawHopeful)
    I wear contacts... mch more comfortable... and you dont have to worry about them falling off etc. lol.
    Or not being able to see in the rain

I hate my glasses with a passion - I think it's fair to say that I'd rather have nothing than wear glasses. The problem with mine is that one of my eyes is much weaker than the other, meaning that it needs a much stonger lense and consequetly my left eye looks huuuuge!

Not a good look

ReputationRep:
    Ditto.

I'm legally blind without contacts, so that ^^^ would not be good.

ReputationRep:
    But contacts can fall out! I find with glasses, I basically forget they're there - the one thing that really bugs me is the rain thing, gr! But contacts are more bother - putting them in and taking them out adds to the time it takes me to get ready (especially as I find it difficult) and the thought of what happened to my mum (once it rolled behind her eye, and it kept falling out so she couldn't see) also puts me off, lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Bethany*)
    But contacts can fall out! I find with glasses, I basically forget they're there - the one thing that really bugs me is the rain thing, gr! But contacts are more bother - putting them in and taking them out adds to the time it takes me to get ready (especially as I find it difficult) and the thought of what happened to my mum (once it rolled behind her eye, and it kept falling out so she couldn't see) also puts me off, lol!
    I had one stuck in my eye once, not fun at all!

ReputationRep:
    Been there my friend. Down the A&E late on a Saturday night....

However, then I was taught how to take them out properly and am now fine.

ReputationRep:
    I like my glasses for a slightly weirder reason. I've got quite a naturally long and thin face and my glasses break it up and make it look shorter. I would seriously look blehish in the face without them.

i have a thing for people with glasses. And nerds:cool:

ReputationRep:
    girls who wear glasses are seriously hot!!.

maybe cos i wear glasses too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoecb)
    Been there my friend. Down the A&E late on a Saturday night....

However, then I was taught how to take them out properly and am now fine.
    :dito: to the first part! I can't be bothered anymore though, sticking with my glasses!

ReputationRep:
    I wear glasses, but I'm vain and I try and wear contacts as much as possible whenever I'm going out or doing anything special... people have said I suit them and I like it that it makes me look older and apparently more intelligent. hehe.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.