Next doors cat killed a pigeon in my garden Watch

bigmo7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I'm not sure what to do, the pigeon's pretty much slaughtered and there are feathers everywhere...would it be right if I went to my neighbour and told them to clean it up since it's their cat that's done it? I'm not trying to be petty but their cat is a right nuisance and I can't be asked keeping the garden clean and tidy for the cat to do whatever it wants in there.

It's a pretty nasty sight too...:rolleyes:
TheNod
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Chuck it in the wheelie bin and the wind will deal with the feathers. Simple.
mkb230
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Pigeons are lush , just cook it on a BBQ and eat it and then thank your neighbour afterwards.
Ozzy2257
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Cook it and eat it?

Pigeon tastes quite nice!
Steezy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ozzy2257)
Cook it and eat it?

Pigeon tastes quite nice!
Yeah, pigeons from the countryside...... Not the AID's ridden, syphilis dribbling, crack addicted, gammy leg city dwellers.
bigmo7
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheNod)
PS. Grow a pair and stop whining
I know I probably should but it annoys me, like people who smash up your wing mirrors and you end up paying for it
Pindar
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You call the council and they will come and remove it. I wouldn't touch it, could be diseased.
FXX
Badges: 18
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by bigmo7)
I know I probably should but it annoys me, like people who smash up your wing mirrors and you end up paying for it
It's a bit different when it's an animal doing what it does naturally. If you want to stop it entering your garden there are plenty of deterrents you can use, but going round your neighbours and asking them to clear it up won't end well.
Ozzy2257
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Steezy)
Yeah, pigeons from the countryside...... Not the AID's ridden, syphilis dribbling, crack addicted, gammy leg city dwellers.
True, no harm in trying a bit though?

clo-clo1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This reminds me of 'Diary of a Killer Cat'
Retrodiction
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Punch it? :dontknow:
Retrodiction
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by clo-clo1)
This reminds me of 'Diary of a Killer Cat'
Those books were awesome!
username291885
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Don't ask your neighbour to clean it up, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Pick it up, knock on your neighbours door, ask for the cat then give it it's pigeon back. Poor cat is probably worried sick as to where he left it.
lauraaaa.xo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My next door neighbour has a really annoying dog that wonders around everywhere, the other week it came in to our garden and ripped up a bin bag that was beside the bin (couldnt fit it in) and there was rubbish and bits of food all over our garden.

We knocked on the neighbours door but they didnt answer, rang the non -emergency police number just to see what could be done and they said it is a civil matter so there is nothing that can be done apart from talking to the neighbours.

In the end we cleare dit up as we didnt want rubbish and food going off laying around the garden so you'll probs just have to clean it up yourself im afraid!
Dirac Delta Function
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
this happens in our garden some times. We usually just put the remains in a black bag. Dunno which cat did it, nor who actually owns these cats. I presume it's a cat, could be a psycho squirrel for all I know; by the time the remains are discovered the killer is usually long gone (or are they?)
Steezy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ozzy2257)
True, no harm in trying a bit though?

I dislike them so greatly that I would gladly cook one up to feed to the other crack head pigeons... But eat one myself...... Nah
bigmo7
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
this happens in our garden some times. We usually just put the remains in a black bag. Dunno which cat did it, nor who actually owns these cats. I presume it's a cat, could be a psycho squirrel for all I know; by the time the remains are discovered the killer is usually long gone (or are they?)
Nah I opened the pantry door and it ran off...maybe it'll come and reclaim the pigeon :dontknow:
No Man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Grab it by it's toe and dump it in the wheele bin.

That's what I do with the animal corpses my cats decide to leave.
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by bigmo7)
I'm not sure what to do, the pigeon's pretty much slaughtered
Go sing it a faateheh

and there are feathers everywhere...would it be right if I went to my neighbour and told them to clean it up since it's their cat that's done it? I'm not trying to be petty but their cat is a right nuisance and I can't be asked keeping the garden clean and tidy for the cat to do whatever it wants in there.

It's a pretty nasty sight too...:rolleyes:
I don't think your neighbour would be very cooperative if you demanded they clean up a dead bird's remains. At the end of the day the cat did what all cats do. If it were me I'd get a spade and get rid of it myself. Wear some gloves :console:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.58%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.85%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.96%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.21%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (78)
9.73%
How can I be the best version of myself? (246)
30.67%

Watched Threads