This discussion is closed.
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
Do you have any idea what the corneas actually are? Or how you would look minus your own?
J

Yeah but far as I know they take the whole eye out.
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hitchhiker_13)
Although I could be completely wrong about that.
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emma_)
I would want any part of my body to be donated. Once i'm dead i'm only going to be burnt. I'd prefer to die knowing that I have the possibility of helping other people live!

And to those who say that they would never donate their organs...A question... If you suddenly had an organ failure or something, or when you have children they needed an organ, would you want someone's organ to save your/your childs life? If the answer is yes, then that means that you expect other people to donate their organs, thus so should you.
But if you're really religious, don't you have to be buried with all your organs intact or something?
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hitchhiker_13)
ewwww....*horrible image of the walking dead...*
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Yes, it should be opt-out.

That way, people who would be willing to give organs but who havn't given it much thought (often they are people who die quite young and suddenly) would have their organs given for transplants and those who really don't want it would have to ensure they opt-out.
That is not very nice at all. If you die quite suddenly you are less likely to have given it any though and they you have to have your body cut open... not very nice for the family when they wouldn't be able to prevent it.

More advertising is needed, I say.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
But if you're really religious, don't you have to be buried with all your organs intact or something?
Not for christianity but for muslim/jew I think you would as your body rises from the dead not your spirit.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
That is not very nice at all. If you die quite suddenly you are less likely to have given it any though and they you have to have your body cut open... not very nice for the family when they wouldn't be able to prevent it.

More advertising is needed, I say.
Well then you should opt-out as soon as possible. Most people don't even consider organ donation now because if they die, they won't have to worry about it.

Having it this way round, people will give it consideration.
Perplexed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
As a side note, you can now have your ashes used in the synthesising of diamonds. Slightly more interesting than the obligatory ceramic pot on the mantle piece.

http://jewelry.about.com/cs/syntheti...em_diamond.htm
Perplexed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
I read that in a magazine, it seems a little pathetic. I just want to be dumped anywhere, no coffin... just in a field
Or you could be cryogenically frozen, and jettisoned into space in the hope that some passing aliens may have a cure for death. :cool:
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alec)
Or you could be cryogenically frozen, and jettisoned into space in the hope that some passing aliens may have a cure for death. :cool:
Sounds like a very good idea!
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Well then you should opt-out as soon as possible. Most people don't even consider organ donation now because if they die, they won't have to worry about it.

Having it this way round, people will give it consideration.
I don't like that idea very much.
magicalsausage
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Well the voice of the people seems to be in favour of "opt-out" donation after all!

Personally I think that if donation is not made opt-out (which would be the ideal situation in my opinion), the government should have major advertising campaigns as happysunshine suggested, and possibly even go round schools informing people of the need to carry a donor card (or would that be slightly too morbid?).
Perplexed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by magicalsausage)
Well the voice of the people seems to be in favour of "opt-out" donation after all!

Personally I think that if donation is not made opt-out (which would be the ideal situation in my opinion), the government should have major advertising campaigns as happysunshine suggested, and possibly even go round schools informing people of the need to carry a donor card (or would that be slightly too morbid?).
It seems the logical solution to the lack of organs available for donation. No doubt civil liberty groups would have something to say on the matter - but then they invariably do.

Good poll.
magicalsausage
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Good poll.
Thank you!

I should add to my previous comment that it is important not only to carry the card but also to be on the Donor Register.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (2)
28.57%
Yes- I don't like it (1)
14.29%
No- I want it (3)
42.86%
No- I don't want it (1)
14.29%

Watched Threads