The Student Room Group

Law/Sociology Vs Jobs

Hi, I wish to study Law/Sociology as my course in the chosen University. I would like to know what people thought of the course, especially if you are doing the course. I would also like to know what types of jobs you can get after having a degree in this subject. Thank you. :smile:
Reply 1
I'm not doing it, but I would've guessed something to do with Social Policy politics?
Or obviously teaching :smile:
Reply 2
Do you mean Criminology (study of societal features of the penal system, crime, deviance and the legal institution) or do you mean a joint honours between Sociology and Law?
Original post by Craghyrax

Original post by Craghyrax
Do you mean Criminology (study of societal features of the penal system, crime, deviance and the legal institution) or do you mean a joint honours between Sociology and Law?

I mean a joint honours between Sociology and Law.
Reply 4
Original post by BubblesAkaCookie
I mean a joint honours between Sociology and Law.

I see. I can tell you about the Sociology side, but not the Law side. Although Law is generally alot more about cramming a huge amount of facts, whereas Sociology involves alot of exploring concepts and analysing and theorising why society is the way it is (along with learning facts). So they are very different.

I'm moving your thread to the Social Sciences forum.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending