Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    There comes a time in every boy's life where he thinks to himself, should i put down my AS grades for subjects i havn't dropped? or do i have to declare them?

    my teacher seems to think that we're meant to declare them in the education section, but i've heard of people who havnt. can anyone help?

    apparantly you have dont have to put down ur AS grades if ur carrying them on to A2. cuz officially dats not a grade without the comleted 2nd year .

    everyone in my college was told to put the AS grades down, regardless of whether they were doing it at A level, and put them down again as A levels and put the grade as pending......there have been several threads on this topic, ill find the links for you....

    this one should help:


    good luck!
    • PS Reviewer

    PS Reviewer
    It does depend on what your school are doing. So ask your teacher.

    Or, if you can't/don't wanna, look at your results slip. If it shows your module results and then a grade you should put them down (unless you know you've declined them). If it just has module results, don't put them down.


    Module 1: 80/100
    Module 2: 89/100
    Module 3: 99/100

    you'd leave it off, but if it then said overall that was an A you'd add it.

University open days

  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.