Turn on thread page Beta

Heelloo. New here! I read somethin on this forum tht if u put 01 Private finance as ur fee code, then u have to pay £10,000 a year, instead of £3000 a year? Is this right? I thought if u put 01 it just means ur parents want to pay off the tuition fees without any loans/help? Can someone please help? I'm really worried now! Thanku loads! Charleney xxx

ReputationRep:
    i dont think home/eu students have to pay £10,000 :confused:
    --------------
    welcome, btw

ReputationRep:
    I really really doubt they'll charge you an extra £7000 because of a difference of 1 digit on your ucas form...
    It's the LEA's that sort finance out anyway...

ReputationRep:
    The university will think that you are paying tuition fees WITHOUT the funding of the LEA. University fees, in fact, are much more than home students actually pay. You MUST call UCAS and have it changed to 02, that your LEA is funding you, and you will fill out the forms in March or something.

ReputationRep:
    My parents are paying of fmy tuition fees and accomodation and they are definitely not paying that much!

ReputationRep:
    Where are you originally from?

If you're an international applicant, I doubt you'll be saying that. =P

ReputationRep:
    Even if you do not want LEA help. Put 02 down. You may be eligible for some loan and if you indeed are rich enough not to need it, you can invest it for a higher return than the interest the Student Loans Company will charge you.

Ta da.

ReputationRep:
    Why would anyone - no matter how rich - reject government subsidies that you're entitled to as a UK/EU citizen?

By putting the code 02 it means that you will pay £3000 tuition (deferred) and the government will pay the rest for you - you never need to pay this back. If your parents want to pay off your tuition fees early they can. But I'm sure they'd rather pay the £3k tuition fees than the £10k+ fees.

And as Kavanne says - take out a student loan even if you don't need it. You'll never get a loan at such a low interest rate ever again!

ReputationRep:
    I believe 01 is reserved mostly for international students who are not eligible for any type of loan, or are not on scholarship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Emily*)
    i dont think home/eu students have to pay £10,000 :confused:
    --------------
    welcome, btw
    if you out 01 then it is saying that you are from another country and will have to pay 11k per year.
    IT COSTS 11K per year however your local government pay the other 8k and you pay 3k.
    Dont worry however you dont want to pay 11k per year do you? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charleney!)
    Heelloo. New here! I read somethin on this forum tht if u put 01 Private finance as ur fee code, then u have to pay £10,000 a year, instead of £3000 a year? Is this right? I thought if u put 01 it just means ur parents want to pay off the tuition fees without any loans/help? Can someone please help? I'm really worried now! Thanku loads! Charleney xxx
    02 means you're ABLE to apply for loans, therefore most unis will consider 01 to mean that you are not from the UK and might consider you as a 'foreign' applicant until they study the rest of your form. I think you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I really really doubt they'll charge you an extra £7000 because of a difference of 1 digit on your ucas form...
    It's the LEA's that sort finance out anyway...
    Thats just silly, if thats the option thats been chosen then that's whats gonna happen :-/ I think the 01/02 difference was explained well above (specifically by LH)

ReputationRep:
    Track says that I'm a 'fee payer'. Does that mean that UCAS messed up my fee code? I put 02 in the form...

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what to interpret from the 'fee payer' statement, but I put down 01 as my fee code in my UCAS application, and UCAS Track says 'fee payer' for me too.

ReputationRep:
    I guess I might have to call them again, too Although I already did and that was when they told me to talk to the unis directly. Oh well. When did you apply?

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.