The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Open Days are basically just days when you can visit the uni and have a look around and there will be teachers and students to talk to and you'll get the chance to ask questions, see halls etc. It's just an opportunity to get a feel of what life and studying at that particular uni really is like. You do not have to be invited !!
Reply 2
You have Open days that you can go to before applying, to find out more about the uni and their course etc....and then you have the open days where those people are invited who are being offered a place, or are under consideration to be offered a place, and are there for similar purposes, but you may also have an informal interview, or a formal one with an admissions tutor. it depends on what uni and course youve applied to.....not all courses will require formal interviews, and not all unis will interview applicants for a particular course......what the interviewer may ask depends on what course it is that youve applied to
Reply 3
Oh, yeah, those are applicant's days :smile: I got sent the dates for those being held at Kingston. I hope all my unis will have them within the same week or so so that I only have to fly over once :rolleyes: LOL
Reply 4
its weird.....from what i know, some unis call them open days! a friend of mine went to one only this wednesday, and had an interview(informal), and theyd called it an Open day!! :eek:

but i guess this isnt such a critical thing to ponder about :rolleyes:
Reply 5
No, it certainly isn't :wink:

I'm sure they're the same anyway :biggrin:
Reply 6
whats in a name eh? :biggrin: ....all that matters is whether the uni cares about you! :rolleyes:
Reply 7
True :biggrin: And then that their WHATEVER-days are inspiring and make you wanna go there :wink:
Reply 8
Anne*UK*06
WHATEVER-days

:rofl:
Reply 9
LOL glad I made you laugh so easily :toofunny:
Reply 10
:biggrin:....i think all unis should rename their whatever-days to whatever-days or something like that...itd be fun!! :biggrin: :rolleyes:
Reply 11
I've heard many universities call them the same thing.

Open day- for people who've not applied and are just wanting to get a feel for the place

and

Open day for applicants - when you have an offer, you might be asked to do and look round again, get more information, meet the staff, have an interview.
Reply 12
Some f the unis I applied for called them open days for peeps who hadn't applied, and visit days for post application peeps. Still prefer whatever-days :biggrin:
Reply 13
:biggrin: whatever-days all the way! wohoo! :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending