This discussion is closed.
BossLady
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Are there any programs out ther that you really want but just don't exist? ie one to do something in particular e.g organize something...etc
Dickie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by BossLady)
Are there any programs out ther that you really want but just don't exist? ie one to do something in particular e.g organize something...etc
a program to do all my work for me. or one to teach me something really quickly, a la matrix. now *that* would rock
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I want a program about 6 friends that don't ever seem to go to work, live in a coffee house, and talk about random sex and other random stuff inclusive of some chicks and ducks and the occasional wedding for 25 minutes every week...

oh wait I think they invented that
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
I want a program about 6 friends that don't ever seem to go to work, live in a coffee house, and talk about random sex and other random stuff inclusive of some chicks and ducks and the occasional wedding for 25 minutes every week...

oh wait I think they invented that
she said program not programme, dani ;p
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dickie)
a program to do all my work for me. or one to teach me something really quickly, a la matrix. now *that* would rock
a program to do matrix manipulation; they do exist (ive written some) but a universal one would be nice.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A real good text editor for programmers... but I'm working on it (assembly-masm).
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
A real good text editor for programmers... but I'm working on it (assembly-masm).
Emacs, Ultraedit...
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I started coding an HTML editor for kids last year in RadidQ. I never quite got it finished though.

This summer I hope to develop some windows API based software in C++. Every summer I embark on some major program but never seem to qute finish them.

I created a frogger game once which worked fine until I stumbled across some physics problems.

I would personaly like a program that stores all my ebay records and stuff. I am just going to make an access database for this though and add abit of VBA to it.
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A program to solve differential equations would be nice. Or just integration.
Nylex
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
Emacs, Ultraedit...
Yeah, nothing wrong with Emacs.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Camford)

www.integrals.com
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
Emacs, Ultraedit...
Both of them sucks.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I once spent 30 mins writing a colour fader programme in delphi (not very well I might add), for creating OMGLOL signatures, I was just doing it out of boredom, but thousands of people have downloaded it and dozens of people write to me telling me it's very popular in [country in eastern europe]

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jamiek/irota.exe
Nylex
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
Both of them sucks.
What do you use then? Personally, I can't stand vi.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
Mathematica or Maple.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Nylex)
My own application, vi is plain devil hehe.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Nylex)
hmmm, i was of the impression that a notepad (and compiler) would suffice. have you tried scite? its for C
Nylex
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
hmmm, i was of the impression that a notepad (and compiler) would suffice. have you tried scite? its for C
Well notepad does suffice, if you're programming on Windows . I like Emacs cos it has syntax highlighting, so highlights key words, like class declarations, etc. Not heard of scite though and I've not programmed in C (did start learning C++ though).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (388)
67.24%
No (189)
32.76%

Watched Threads