Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Whats better, China or Japan??
    Chinese and Japanese people alike must make thereselves known when answering

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid Japan kicks ass over China quite significantly.

Japan is gangsta!!!

ReputationRep:
    i agree i think japan is better - but to live id say hk is slightly better (if you count it as china)
    i think japanese people are hilarious
    but china is getting better every year

(Original post by Alter Ego)
    i agree i think japan is better - but to live id say hk is slightly better (if you count it as china)
    i think japanese people are hilarious
    but china is getting better every year
    Yep that dictatorships the best laugh.

ReputationRep:
    japanese gals seem kinky aswell

ReputationRep:
    China China China! Never been to Japan, but I love China so much nothing can beat it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThunderCat8)
    China China China! Never been to Japan, but I love China so much nothing can beat it!
    what parts? and whats so good?

ReputationRep:
    I spent a year in China and Im going to have to say... Japan.

ReputationRep:
    bad experiences in china then

ReputationRep:
    Not really, I had a great time in China (I spent about a week in Japan).

My biggest complaint about China could probably be attributed to the massive amounts of propoganda the citizens must endure. On the surface Chinese people appear VERY friendly, but if you get to know them well, you will begin to realise how incredibly racist they are. Chinese citizens are among the most ethnocentric/nationalistic people in the entire world. They loathe their neighbors- this incluces Vietnam, Korea, India, etc.. They are ready to completely level Taiwan yet they consider China to be the most peaceful and innocent country on earth.

Just to give you some insight, they refer to the Tianamen Square Massacre as "a sweeping victory against the counter-revolutionaries".

Other than that it is great. It is much cheaper and easier to get around than Japan, but China is very very dirty and very polluted and everywhere you go it stinks and there are a million people pushing you, etc...

Japan seemed to be much cleaner and much more peaceful.

Dispite all that, I do really really miss China and hope to return in the near future.

ReputationRep:
    And the toilets in China are disgraceful.... I've heard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayaan)
    And the toilets in China are disgraceful.... I've heard.
    Yes, Chinese toilets are 'Bu Hao'.

But you can get lots and lots of pirated DVDs and play station games in China for under a dollar! That is something you wont find in Japan.

(Original post by Kondar)
    Yes, Chinese toilets are 'Bu Hao'.

But you can get lots and lots of pirated DVDs and play station games in China for under a dollar! That is something you wont find in Japan.
    Interesting, my brother spends his summers in Thailand, and he comes back with tons of illegal software.

ReputationRep:
    No beef with either. No great love for either. The Japs are more warrior like, I respect that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alter Ego)
    Whats better, China or Japan??
    Chinese and Japanese people alike must make thereselves known when answering
    Following which criteria?

ReputationRep:
    MC skills.

Korea, S whips them both.

ReputationRep:
    thanks kondar for the comparison

i also like your pinyin
    (bu hau lol not good!_

ReputationRep:
    Chinese citizens are among the most ethnocentric/nationalistic people in the entire world.
    After the Americans of course.

ReputationRep:
    A few people have told me that China genuinely stinks like sh*t, all the time.

I'm more of a piss kind of guy.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.