Prevex8
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Kingston university asked me to send my portfolio , that includes an opening statement introducing the portfolio of 300 words. I have no clue what it should contain, please help
waecskt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No.
Prevex8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
k....
KeyserNI
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Really!? The obvious questions that need answered would be, why do you want to study architecture, what personal qualities have you displayed that make you think architecture is right for you and why do you want to study architecture at Kingston.

There is a link to architectural personal statements at the top of the page but I don't honestly understand why someone wouldn't understand what to write by themselves.
BSAN
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by KeyserNI)
Really!? The obvious questions that need answered would be, why do you want to study architecture, what personal qualities have you displayed that make you think architecture is right for you and why do you want to study architecture at Kingston.

There is a link to architectural personal statements at the top of the page but I don't honestly understand why someone wouldn't understand what to write by themselves.

Give it a rest eh? Dont make them feel stupid for asking a question. Have you never asked for advice? Youre response makes you sound like you think youre a cut above the rest!
ellakrystina
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The love of architecture took hold of me when I created my first house on The Sims.
JK471993
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My best piece of advice is never start with I.

Perhaps start with architecture is...

The best thing to do is write down anything you like about architecture: favourite architects/buildings/styles. Link it with what you do at the moment. Are there specific areas of the field you like the look of etc.

It really isn't that hard to write. In fact the hardest thing I found was condensing my PS into 4,000 characters. Remember it is personal and therefore it should flow quite nicely. If you have the passion then it should be easy to write. Make sure you don't take extracts from others because universities use plagiarism software.
KeyserNI
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by BSAN)
Give it a rest eh? Dont make them feel stupid for asking a question. Have you never asked for advice? Youre response makes you sound like you think youre a cut above the rest!
I answered the question didn't I? Did anyone else? Did you?
waecskt
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by BSAN)
it was a stupid question,

-help me write something that is personal to my work and me

if you a good portfolio and an intrest in architecture, 300 words should be way too little
ArchiBoi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by BSAN)
Shut your cave you pig. Keyser has contributed more to this forum than you and secondly he is a good architect.

So go back up the ********* you came from.
MAAZ ALAM
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i am student of architecture now we to design portfolio for this i required a statment about 200 word can any one help me on this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (513)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (627)
41.25%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (311)
20.46%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.54%

Watched Threads