Funding for international students Watch

This discussion is closed.
roopsus
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I am a international student and have applied to the UK. I have got conditional offers from Imperial College, Southampton, York, Warwick, Manchester.

I would really like to go to Imperial College but being an International student including living costs it would cost 25,000 pounds a year. Does anyone have any idea whether it is possible to get funding from any of the institutes named above. I have e-mailed all of them but there doesn't seem to be much response. So if anyone has any ideas about funding higher education for international students please let me know.

Thanks
Roopal
MuvverRussia
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
Generally, you may be able to get a small grant from a university, but it's worked out on a case by case basis. Also, bear in mind that the majority of international students pay everything themselves (i.e. tuition, accommodation and living costs).
nervous
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by roopsus)
I am a international student and have applied to the UK. I have got conditional offers from Imperial College, Southampton, York, Warwick, Manchester.

I would really like to go to Imperial College but being an International student including living costs it would cost 25,000 pounds a year. Does anyone have any idea whether it is possible to get funding from any of the institutes named above. I have e-mailed all of them but there doesn't seem to be much response. So if anyone has any ideas about funding higher education for international students please let me know.

Thanks
Roopal
heya - i did quite a lot of research on scholarships and funding myself coz costs were something iw was worried bout also - there's usually a link on the uni website itself for int'l students

anyway i have found that the most common scholarships given are between 2000 - 3000 p/yr and are usually departmental or country-specific scholarships

did u get offers for an undergraduate or graduate course? - because graduate courses usually offer many more scholarships (most of the stuff im talking bout is for undergraduate)

also the really crappy thing ive found is that to be eligible for scholarship you need to make that university your firm choice - which is really sucky for me because i would want to go the uni that does give me the scholarship - so wat u need to do is make a decision before u apply for scholarship

oh and before you go, u actually need to show that u can pay for at least the first year of university or something - so the scholarship is meant to be a bonus and not to help u actually go to university

hope this has been helpful!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1366)
79.7%
Leave (348)
20.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise