Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I assume you provide blood samples for the clinical trial, and that you aren't literally "selling your blood"?
haleem
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This is like true blood :ahee:
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report 8 years ago
She probably has some image of you wearing a tight dress on a dark street corner with a cloaked guy pulling up in a Mercedes holding out a syringe and a wad of cash. :rofl:
T-Hill
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Does this pay well? Haha
JustLau
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think it's completely your decision, and your mum needs to recognise that you're an adult and can make your own choices about things like this. Besides, since when was prostitution immoral? As long as you make sure you stay safe and healthy then I don't think it is.

Contact them again, but this time give them your mobile number and don't tell your mum! If she finds out then tell her that you are an adult and are free to make your own decision on things like that, or something like that anyway
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Absinth)
Yes.
Then I can see why she might not like you participating in a potentially dangerous trial, but thinking you'll move towards prostitution is pretty ridiculous. Just tell her the drug has a really cool side effect like telepathy or something.
NeilFisk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'll start giving sex for money, and I'm basically scum.

I don't see it as immoral. Maybe there is something I don't know about, but even if I'm naive about something, it doesn't make sense for me to be treated like ****.

What are your thoughts?
:drool: I don't have thoughts I do have a tongue.
aleathiel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
£100 plus £5 for travel, for 600ml.

ooh, how did you find this?
amime
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Is this the thing where they want the plasma from your blood?
amime
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by aleathiel)
ooh, how did you find this?
I think its from a company called: http://www.trials4us.co.uk/
StakedSalmon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
And what if you do start selling sex? Long as it's on your terms, you're getting paid to satisfy an itch. Two birds, one stone.
MovingOn
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Completely up to you and your mother has certainly overreacted.
Hravan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by amime)
I think its from a company called: http://www.trials4us.co.uk/
"You must not have smoked a cigarette for at least three months"
"You must not have taken any prescription or over the counter medication in the last 14 days (including painkillers, antibiotics, cough/cold treatments, throat lozenges, sleeping tablets, inhalers, foot powder, injections, vaccinations, herbal remedies, vitamins, minerals, medicated creams, sunscreens, self-tanning lotions, energy drinks)."

DAMN!

Not worth quitting smoking for a £100 and there's no way I can go two weeks without painkillers or red bull. :sad:
:nopity:

As for the OP... It's your blood.. Do what you want with it. Maybe sit down with your mother and explain that the blood will be used for scientific research. Tell her that they offer the money as an incentive for people to donate the blood as there are stricter requirements than donating blood for transfusions and it's also compensation for the fact that you have to fast for 24 hours before they take the blood. Explain to her that it is for a worthy cause, the money is just an incentive because of the strict requirements or something. Go along those lines.
If she doesn't back down then she's got issues...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.58%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.85%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.96%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.21%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (78)
9.73%
How can I be the best version of myself? (246)
30.67%

Watched Threads