The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I have 3 history exams and I haven't started revising yet because I have a lot of reading to do in case I get a Cambridge interview, but all of our lessons from now until the exams will be spent revising and I'm hoping to start as soon as my Cambridge stuff is out of the way (probably mid-December).
Reply 2
hahahahaha... you're joking right?

WAAAAAY too early! We havent even learnt half the stuff for the exams yet so i'm not planning in starting to around Christmas. I mean, there's a lot to be said for loearning as you go along... but that's hardly revision... its just rereading notes. Proper revision doesn't work until you've been taught the syllabus and know how it all interconnects... and have some past questions etc... in my opinion anyway
Reply 3
Damn revision im so wound up with UCAS its hard to acknowledge i also have 6 exams in Jan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only one for maths so thats great :biggrin:
4 January exams... started a little revision a month or so ago for sociology module 4.

But none yet for the other 3 exams.

Will only start serious revision around mid December.
Reply 5
I intend to start revision within the next 3 weeks. I've also got 2 Jan exams. Surprisingly, it's not a lack of motivation that's holding me back, but an excess of homework!
Reply 6
I've started revising for my psychology resit (module 3 - social psych and research methods) along with Module 4, and Religion - Sociology. I need a miracle! lol

Ems x
Reply 7
C1 and S1 - havent done any work for S1 at all and no revision started...man i really lack self motivation!
Reply 8
I have one Maths exam, and I'll probably just start revising in the holidays. I have a General Studies exam too, but I don't really know how you can revise for that.....and even if I did, I wouldn't want to.
i have 7! and just about started revising though we've got through only half the syllabus for every subject!!
Reply 10
I have 4 - Biology, Chemistry, RS and History module 1s. Not done any work really in any subject except Bio and haven't done anything in RS (not one piece of work set yet :eek: ) so I don't have anything to revise!
bloody edexcel unit 4 chemistry is annoying me. All the bloody reactions to remember in topic 2 :mad: just too many!
Reply 12
4 Maths modules but they're easy - revision will probably take place the day before :cool:
Started this week. Got 4 exams in January, three of those are for maths and one is for human biology, I'm doing a chapter for each exam each week, as long as i stick to my timetable it will all be done in time :biggrin:
Reply 14
i have 4 exams, one for each subject (look at sig for subjects) and no i havent started revising yet.

we are doing so many assessments at the moment... oh shoot, we have one on monday for maths (co ordinate geometry, series and sequences) *groans*....
Reply 15
i have 4 ... lol.. n hvnt started ny revision..! ive decided 2 do it during in december!
Reply 16
In Jan..
I got:
OCR Economics unit 1
Edexcel Politics unit 1
AQA English Lit unit 1

And I havn't started any "serious" revision yet. I know the topics vaguely but not to exam standard.
The one I'm worried about right now is Politics..The topic isn't difficult but for some reason i have trouble remembering any of the facts.
I think I have 4 modules :frown:

Done no revision at all - I'm not really the 'revising type' though.
I'm doing C1 maths and critical thinking in jan. I've started revising for maths but thats cos we've done all of C1 and I completely failed my maths test last week(it was reeeaaaly bad). I dunno how you can revise for CT.
Reply 19
Should I have started?
I have a Psychology exam and a French re-sit.

Latest