eating disorders Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
hey I am doind AS Psychology and I can't find any names of studies into anorexia and bulimia nervosa, I hope you can help as I've searched the web to no avail i have a test tomorrow eek
Jacquie
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
Hi,
am currently doing eating disorders as our critical study on abnormalities. I must say, I can't find much on studies - but the main one seems to be Holland et al. Have a look in the large text book (AS PSY. or A PSY.).
If I'd seen your note earlier, I'd have been able to write you something from my notes - I'm doing AS level too - you've probably seen all my wittering in earlier posts!
Good luck with your test. Let me know how you go on , and if you can remember any of the questions- let me know as it'll help me revise too. ta.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
hey there's kendler et al - studied 1263 pairs of twins to see if gentics were a cause of eating disorders...they found that 23% of monozygotic (identical) twins developed the disoder where as only 9% of dizygotic twins did, this showed evidence supporting the biological theory however it can be criticised as only females were studied which doesnt take into account the growing number of males developing disorders although tthe was a clear differnce it was still only 14% difference between DZ and MZ twins, it also doesnt concider that especailly with identical (mz) twins one is likley to immitate the other, therefore if one develops bulimia then it is likey the other one will too and finally it doesnt count for environmental differences.kendler et al and Lee et al 1991 also conduted a study and found similar results...there's loads in texts books n stuff. hpe ive been of some help
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (69)
75%
No (23)
25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed