Turn on thread page Beta

Worried watch

Announcements

Hi,
    I am currently doing my AS Levels in Biology, Chemistry,English, Maths and General Studies
    I got 2A*s in Double Science, 5 As in English lang and lit, Maths, Geography and History, 2 Bs in french and Arabic and 2 Cs in citisenship 1/2 course and Graphics
    My dream has always been to study medicine, i studied very hard at GCSE and intend to at Alevel as well
    However alot of grades i have seen on this site are much higher and i was wondering what the chances are of actuallly getting into a good uni to fufillmy dream

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's are fairly insignificant, and even if they weren't, 5 A's is enough. Also, note, there is actually a Medicine forum (Shock! Horror!).

Don't worry. Failure's not always that bad. Just spend the time you would otherwise have used working, on finding a good excuse. Then play for the sympathy vote. Much more fun.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Don't worry. Failure's not always that bad. Just spend the time you would otherwise have used working, on finding a good excuse. Then play for the sympathy vote. Much more fun.
    what are you on about? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR_Princess)
    Hi,
    I am currently doing my AS Levels in Biology, Chemistry,English, Maths and General Studies
    I acknowledge, Ms. Science. I also do Biology, Chemistry and Maths.

I got 2A*s in Double Science, 5 As in English lang and lit, Maths, Geography and History, 2 Bs in french and Arabic and 2 Cs in citisenship 1/2 course and Graphics
    Your grades are better than mine; Ms. Science

My dream has always been to study medicine, i studied very hard at GCSE and intend to at Alevel as well
    I also dreamt to study medicine, but it all changed once I started A2 Biology.

However alot of grades i have seen on this site are much higher and i was wondering what the chances are of actuallly getting into a good uni to fufillmy dream
    Your chances are pretty high, but work hard! You might need a backup career plan.

Wish you the best of luck; I think you like me.

With love ... Mr. Science.

(Original post by Dekota)
    I acknowledge, Ms. Science. I also do Biology, Chemistry and Maths.

Your grades are better than mine; Ms. Science

I also dreamt to study medicine, but it all changed once I started A2 Biology.

Your chances are pretty high, but work hard! You might need a backup career plan.

Wish you the best of luck; I think you like me.

With love ... Mr. Science.
    Thank you Mr Science! You really made my day. But a message to you too, If we work togeter mayber we can both fufill OUR dream!

If we work togeter mayber we can both fufill OUR dream!
    ...but will unfortunately be disqualified from most public examinations in the United Kingdom. They hate collaboration.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Mr Science! You really made my day. But a message to you too, If we work togeter mayber we can both fufill OUR dream!
    Hehe! :p: What irony ... 'TSR_Princess' yet you've got a red gem! ... do people dislike you on here?

I like you.

Hehe! :p: What irony ... 'TSR_Princess' yet you've got a red gem! ... do people dislike you on here?

I like you.
    lol People must dislike me, I am red Probably all that debating trying to defend my beliefs oh well :rolleyes:
    I like you to hehe i better add you to my sig

ReputationRep:
    Not worried anymore now, are you? prior to this thread.

Not worried anymore now, are you? prior to this thread.
    Not anymore lol
    Well I have 2 years to show what i am able to do, i will just have to give it my best shot right?
    And as you said it will be better if i have a back up plan

ReputationRep:
    Not anymore lol
    Well I have 2 years to show what i am able to do, i will just have to give it my best shot right?
    2 years! planty of time .. but only if you get yourself of TSR (stop being TSR princess!) it can waste a lot of time. Medicine candidates must have great motivation, enthusiasm, knowledge, good aptitude to work, all of which I lack at the moment.

Best of luck.

2 years! planty of time .. but only if you get yourself of TSR (stop being TSR princess!) it can waste a lot of time. Medicine candidates must have great motivation, enthusiasm, knowledge, good aptitude to work, all of which I lack at the moment.

Best of luck.
    Thank you for the advice and best of luck to you as well!

ReputationRep:
    I did biology A-Level, it was dull as ****. Got 9 UMS marks overall off an A. I'm so glad I have finally, after 18 years, put the sciences to rest.

ReputationRep:
    Work hard and be determined, and you'll get there.

(Original post by Rosalily)
    Work hard and be determined, and you'll get there.
    Thank you :p:

ReputationRep:
    A positive rep point from me to get u start thinking positively
    Best of luck! :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Dont let other people put you off. If you don't try you may regret it forever! Give it a shot. It may not work out but Im sure you will get in somewhere. If its what you really want to do, do it! Don't let anyone or anything put you off!

ReputationRep:
    You'll do it, no problem. Good luck, chick!

Thank you for everyones Postive Mental Attitdude!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.