Are young people truly nice people? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Annie94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Dude Where's My Username)
You can't be pointing out other spelling mistakes if you can't spell offence.

Had to be said :tea:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/offense

Offence and offense have the same meaning.....personal preference..

Had to be said :pierre:
.Ali.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rajandkwameali)
I am 20, but young people:

- think everybody should like/respect them
- you won't let me get normal knowledge
- younger people won't let me get people to hang out with

ban me, or tell me to shut up (God complex? well, what's new), I don't care. You can answer my questions if you want.
Erm, what?

It's like anything, some are nice, some aren't. Some you get along with, some you don't. It's just life. :dontknow:
RequiemForADream
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
most people are dual by nature. Plenty of people in the UK say people don't have sex, but our society is a sexualised one. Most people say that people generally aren't violent, but this is not true either.
what does that have to do with young people being nice?
tbh, this is a silly thread altogether - you can't answer whether or not an age group is 'nice' without encountering swooping generalisations.
And what's nice by my standards, might not be by someone else's...

Just why would you create this thread? WHY? :confused:
Annie94
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It is old, but young, since UK life expectancy is almost 80.
So umm...you accept you are young too? So then how can you be old? :coffee:
Etoiliege
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ooooh I remember you. Though you had a different name.
Please seek help.
Planto
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Annie94)
I don't think you understand. What he is saying is that he is old but young. See?
limetang
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Some are some aren't, as with most people.
al321
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Yawn11)
I'm using swype texting with my phone, makes me look retarded sometimes.

You're still a *****, even though you unaware of that fact.

Everyone on TSR treats every post like an english exam.
Harsh indeed! Your question asks whether young people are "truly nice", well judging from your post, you can't exactly judge other users "niceness" when you are willing to call someone a ***** because they corrected your spelling...

just saying...
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You absolutely cannot say that "ALL YOUNG PEOPLE" are exactly the same.
You get some truly lovely and amazing young people, you get some total little ****s, but whatever each individual is like they are INDIVIDUALS, not people behaving a certain way because they can be classed as "young people" or whatever.
Yawn11
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by al321)
Harsh indeed! Your question asks whether young people are "truly nice", well judging from your post, you can't exactly judge other users "niceness" when you are willing to call someone a ***** because they corrected your spelling...

just saying...
I never claimed to be a nice person...

rajandkwameali
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by RequiemForADream)
what does that have to do with young people being nice?
tbh, this is a silly thread altogether - you can't answer whether or not an age group is 'nice' without encountering swooping generalisations.
And what's nice by my standards, might not be by someone else's...

Just why would you create this thread? WHY? :confused:
You're being politically correct.

Younger people aren't nice people. Please prove they are.
rajandkwameali
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gemma :)!)
You absolutely cannot say that "ALL YOUNG PEOPLE" are exactly the same.
You get some truly lovely and amazing young people, you get some total little ****s, but whatever each individual is like they are INDIVIDUALS, not people behaving a certain way because they can be classed as "young people" or whatever.
Stop being PC, fool. You people always dismiss my threads, why? Is your ego so large that you reckon you hold the right to dictate everything?
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Stop being PC, fool. You people always dismiss my threads, why? Is your ego so large that you reckon you hold the right to dictate everything?
I'm not trying to be "PC" but it's ridiculous to claim that all people of a certain age are exactly the same!
Lily Academia
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well, I think I'm nice...
RequiemForADream
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You're being politically correct.

Younger people aren't nice people. Please prove they are.
lol you're being ignorant...and ageist.

Please prove they aren't!
Oh, wait, you can't can you - no one can, as this is just your opinion
It isn't something that could be proved or disproved, because "niceness" isn't a testable variable, it's not like trying to test if young people (whatever the hell you mean by "young") are smarter...there's no test for how nice someone is, purely because it's subjective.

Once again, saying young people aren't "nice" is an ignorant and unreasonable statement to make.
rajandkwameali
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lily Academia)
Well, I think I'm nice...
How? If so, you're the exception to the rule.

If all you people are so "nice". then why do you deny me right to normal knowledge? Don't you know how to get on with people? if so, prove it.
Lily Academia
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How? If so, you're the exception to the rule.

If all you people are so "nice". then why do you deny me right to normal knowledge? Don't you know how to get on with people? if so, prove it.
'Deny you the right to normal knowledge' I'm sorry... what? By nice, I mean I'm perfectly sociable when I want to be and with who I want to be; I try to comfort people when they're upset (though I'm not a great person too hug - too stick-like and awkward ) I'm a bit quirky, probably have far too many 'inside' jokes with myself over little things; I've got a good sense of humour; I'm not perpetually depressed, or moaning or whinging because I prefer to bottle things up and release them when painting; I'm not one to pick fights or to argue; I'm not much of a pedant or particulary precocious and... well, I suppose what it comes down to is this: I suppose if I were to meet me I wouldn't think I was a horrible person.

Try not to steryotype people. I'm not an exception to the supposed 'rule'; I know plently of people who are perfectly lovely. No, they're not nice all the time - but if they were they wouldn't be human.

Yes, I'm young. I'm 16, and my favourite things to do are read, paint, write and laugh... is that really so bad? If it is: why? And how does that make me not 'nice'?
rajandkwameali
Rep:
?
(Original post by emi_sarb)
Your going to have to tell us what you mean by the "normal knowledge" you keep talking about if you want any answers to your posts.
If you were male, I would hit you. Stop trying to mislead me. Be lucky your gender is as it is, and this is not real life. I don't care if I've "offended" you, I don't take kindly to people who mislead me.

From now on, if you people mislead me, I'll mislead you. Normal knowledge doesn't exist, but normality is relative, but normal is objective too.

As for the dope who said I had "issues", are you all perfect? I reckon of you are scared of my potential. We don't even know each other, so why should you all give a **** what I do?
rajandkwameali
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lily Academia)
'Deny you the right to normal knowledge' I'm sorry... what? By nice, I mean I'm perfectly sociable when I want to be and with who I want to be; I try to comfort people when they're upset (though I'm not a great person too hug - too stick-like and awkward ) I'm a bit quirky, probably have far too many 'inside' jokes with myself over little things; I've got a good sense of humour; I'm not perpetually depressed, or moaning or whinging because I prefer to bottle things up and release them when painting; I'm not one to pick fights or to argue; I'm not much of a pedant or particulary precocious and... well, I suppose what it comes down to is this: I suppose if I were to meet me I wouldn't think I was a horrible person.

Try not to steryotype people. I'm not an exception to the supposed 'rule'; I know plently of people who are perfectly lovely. No, they're not nice all the time - but if they were they wouldn't be human.

Yes, I'm young. I'm 16, and my favourite things to do are read, paint, write and laugh... is that really so bad? If it is: why? And how does that make me not 'nice'?

Like I give a ****, I don't know you. I choose to stereotype whom I wish, who are you to say it's wrong? Anybody can do with they want in life, without any limit or restriction.
rajandkwameali
Rep:
?
(Original post by Annie94)
I don't care, as I said humans are dual.

Young people aren't nice since you like to dictate everything. You think you're some kind of Gods/Kings/Queens. You don't know how to frankly get on in society, you're all fools and dopes.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (18)
11.84%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (11)
7.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (36)
23.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (23)
15.13%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (16)
10.53%
How can I be the best version of myself? (48)
31.58%

Watched Threads