Do your parents invade your privacy? Watch

This discussion is closed.
starry
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I hate my mum for looking through my stuff, reading my emails and all sorts of things like that. She 'cleans up' my room and examines every little thing of mine.

I HATE IT!
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
dont worry, your parents are just being overprotective, right? my girlfriends parents are far worse, she can rarely go out without getting told off and shes not allowed on msn messenger or anything until after gcses.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by starry)
I hate my mum for looking through my stuff, reading my emails and all sorts of things like that. She 'cleans up' my room and examines every little thing of mine.

I HATE IT!
Tell her then.
kissmequick
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

I HATE IT!
Who doesn't but the chances are they're either trying to protect you (most likely) or just trying to piss you off (less likly but still possible) lol.
But seriously they do care and even if you say you won't the chances are you will be strict to your kids if you do have them because of your experiencin life even if you say you won't. OOh maybe they will come on here and b*tch about you lol
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

I HATE IT!
thats invasion of privacy - reading someones e-mail is just as much an illegal act as reading someones snail-mail.
my dad is ok about it, but i have a few suspicions concerning my mum... thankfully im not at my mums house very often, so theres nothing incriminating there!
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You should plant something really incriminating.

Then your point would be made, if you were concealing something it'd be easy for her to find out, and pointless to do so in the first place; thus, her becoming more lax (in theory).
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alec)
You should plant something really incriminating.

Then your point would be made, if you were concealing something it'd be easy for her to find out, and pointless to do so in the first place; thus, her becoming more lax (in theory).
instead of somehting incriminating, which ould probably just cause an argument, maybe a note or file saying "stop looking through my stuff, mum" woudl be a more pwerful message? means she knows shes doing it, but has nothing to hide, and also gets the message across that she doesnt like it.
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Fortunatly my parents dont know much about computers and dunno how to look at mine, but i hate it when my mum comes in and starts picking up stuff and lookin round.

My friend also had thier diary read and her mum found out that she had been sleeping with her bf (he mum is quite protective and she was only 15 or 16) and shes never aloud to forget it and her mum is really suspoicous now.
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by El_Borish)
instead of somehting incriminating, which ould probably just cause an argument, maybe a note or file saying "stop looking through my stuff, mum" woudl be a more pwerful message? means she knows shes doing it, but has nothing to hide, and also gets the message across that she doesnt like it.
Probably better, I'm just confrontational.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

I HATE IT!
how annoying can they be
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Same here! My mum doesn't purposely read my mail or anything, but say I'm chatting and haven't closed the chat window, she scans through what's in front of her. She reads stuff like letters on the table... and when she's sorting out through the mess in my room, she takes a look at every little thing.

It is damn annoying eh?
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes, althoughth there isnt much, there are sum things around that could prove hard to explain if found
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
she would probably start examining people you bring home and all that
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My mum used to do this all the time, it meant I had to smuggle certain things in like a gift from a female friend at school. My mum used to always empty my school bag every night even though I told her not too. It used to annoy me so much. Then of course my dad would pick me up in his Lada which was blue smoking noisty rattly rust bucket that often failed to start.
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My mum was horrified to see the clothes I bought when I was away at boarding school. She took the stuff out of my suitcase and her eyes nearly popped out when she saw all the string bikinis and strange underwear I had. But come on! That's like normal...

Hmph!
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
My mum used to do this all the time, it meant I had to smuggle certain things in like a gift from a female friend at school.
My mum would ask so many questions if she saw anything like that, same when i buy a present for sumone, she alredy thinks my best freind is cheating on her boyfriend with me, cos i got her a chritmas presenet and i wont talk to her on the phone in front of my mum
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by cobra01977)
My mum would ask so many questions if she saw anything like that, same when i buy a present for sumone, she alredy thinks my best freind is cheating on her boyfriend with me, cos i got her a chritmas presenet and i wont talk to her on the phone in front of my mum
Ooh.. the worst thing is when the kinda eavesdrop on phone conversations *feels blood beginning to boil*
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my parents and sisters always root thru my stuff... my sister regularly went thru my bags etc and found all manner of things she could blackmail me with lol.

I went back home for xmas and one of my old journals was just out on my bed... wanna know where I left it? under the matress... my mum is so nosey!
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Lolz... I can't believe I'm nearly 18 and they do this to me.
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Same ere
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads