Do your parents invade your privacy? Watch

This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I am 21 and when I ever I want to speak to my female freind from the net I have to actually leave the house and go for a walk in order to speak to her. There is no way I could speak to her in my house not even on my mobile. When ever a mate phones my mum wants to know who it was. It drives me mad.

I am slowly learning to not care what they think but it seems to be taking me years, some people loose this at 13, I am 21 and still have a problem with hiding stuff from my parents.
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I am 21 and when I ever I want to speak to my female freind from the net I have to actually leave the house and go for a walk in order to speak to her. There is no way I could speak to her in my house not even on my mobile. When ever a mate phones my mum wants to know who it was. It drives me mad.
My mum does that, it also doesnt help that my best friend is a girl so she gets even more suspicious.
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

I am slowly learning to not care what they think but it seems to be taking me years, some people loose this at 13, I am 21 and still have a problem with hiding stuff from my parents.
I can so relate to that! All my angry vibes are flying around the room like deranged comets now.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by starry)
I hate my mum for looking through my stuff, reading my emails and all sorts of things like that. She 'cleans up' my room and examines every little thing of mine.

I HATE IT!
my mum only goes into my room if she wants to borrow something, anyway we have a rule, i don't look through her things and she won't go through mine. The only problem is - they always manage to listen to my conversation on the phone and like to have a discussion afterwards. I think i fascinate them :rolleyes:
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If i suggested that then my mum would wonder what i was trying to hide
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my parents pretty much leavce my stuff alone.
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
my parents pretty much leavce my stuff alone.
I cant wait to go to uni, then i will be free!
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by cobra01977)
I cant wait to go to uni, then i will be free!
My parents won't be in the country when i start uni....
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
I dont want them that far away lol. I still wanna go home occasianolly
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
im not surprised, they probably dont want 2 be landed with all these sodding fees!
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Never mind, my brother's friend's parents moved to France whilst he was at uni.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I wish my parents would move abroad and leave me with the house. I could have some wild parties. I would actually hate it though if they did move abroad.
Nafisa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My parents definately invade my privacy...my mum does the whole tidying up the room and snoop in it thing................
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Nafisa)
My parents definately invade my privacy...my mum does the whole tidying up the room and snoop in it thing................
I wish sumone would tidy my room, but not look through everything
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I wish my parents would move abroad and leave me with the house. I could have some wild parties. I would actually hate it though if they did move abroad.
actually i'm going to have to move in with my sister (which is going to be hell) because my parents are selling the house, hence yesterdays repainting of the hallway. When i start uni i'll move into the halls...but otherwise my home will be with my big sis...(more tears and wails of not fair!)
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
im not surprised, they probably dont want 2 be landed with all these sodding fees!
they're not worried about that - but i have a feeling i'm going to come out with a lot of debt.
Nafisa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by cobra01977)
I wish sumone would tidy my room, but not look through everything
I knoe kinda like a maid...or a butler or someone, damn i guess im gonna have to marry someone rich to divulge in these luxeries!
onearmedscissor
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Interesting thread, something most of us can relate to!

Even though I have a snug relationship with my Mum (yeah yeah, not *that* snug) before the trolls begin to dance, I still find her intolerable at times. I'm not an overly patient lad, but Mum does a few things that really bake my noodle:

Goes through my wallet (I caught on when she knew the price of my UCAS slip)

Eavesdrop on telephone calls

When she shrinks my clothes (tends to do this a lot)

Her cooking variety is very very small, I end up eating the same meal maybe twice/three times a week. Which pisses me off more than anything... she can sniff my underwear drawer if I could eat 7 different meals a week.

On the upside, University soon, and I'm slowly rubbing it in to piss Mummy and Daddy off.

*grabs testicles in a braveheart manner* FREEEEEEEEDOMMMMMMMMMMMM!
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i am lucky that my parents arent so nosy
onearmedscissor
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
i am lucky that my parents arent so nosy
Oh yeah I should add, some of the people in this thread sound like they haven't responded to their parents at all.

I often enter a state of rage for about 10 mins and tell them to piss off etc, my room, my wallet, fack off!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (226)
61.25%
Yes- I don't like it (16)
4.34%
No- I want it (102)
27.64%
No- I don't want it (25)
6.78%

Watched Threads