Do your parents invade your privacy? Watch

This discussion is closed.
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by starry)
I hate my mum for looking through my stuff, reading my emails and all sorts of things like that. She 'cleans up' my room and examines every little thing of mine.

I HATE IT!
exactly, i wake up every morning and my mom is rumaging though my desk and reading every single note i pass in school.....

ridiculous!
Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by onearmedscissor)
Oh yeah I should add, some of the people in this thread sound like they haven't responded to their parents at all.

I often enter a state of rage for about 10 mins and tell them to piss off etc, my room, my wallet, fack off!
Yes i scare my parents sometimes - not through rage - but through my dark twisted sense of humour - and the rocking back and forth in my chair - the nervous twitch - the licking of my lips ...
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
Yes i scare my parents sometimes - not through rage - but through my dark twisted sense of humour - and the rocking back and forth in my chair - the nervous twitch - the licking of my lips ...
i have to say this; i hate your avatar. it really bugs me.
onearmedscissor
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol, yeah I've said some messed up **** for fun.. "oh you haven't found the block of weed yet?.. ho hum".

"Mum, I've just found out that somehow I've managed to get 3 girls pregnant after one crazy night out.. advice please?"

"Mum, I think I'm gay, help me."

I do it to watch the expression on their faces, priceless.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
i have to say this; i hate your avatar. it really bugs me.
what is wrong with it?
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol, yeah I've said some messed up **** for fun.. "oh you haven't found the block of weed yet?.. ho hum".

"Mum, I've just found out that somehow I've managed to get 3 girls pregnant after one crazy night out.. advice please?"

"Mum, I think I'm gay, help me."

I do it to watch the expression on their faces, priceless.
that is quite cool - parents just dont trust their kids
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
what is wrong with it?
if it was smaller but its just so big........

yeah when my parents ask me what i did in school (if im feeling pissed< that is mad not drunk) ill be like shot up some heroin, drunk a couple bottles of vodka, and smoked 3 joints.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I am 21 and when I ever I want to speak to my female freind from the net I have to actually leave the house and go for a walk in order to speak to her. There is no way I could speak to her in my house not even on my mobile. When ever a mate phones my mum wants to know who it was. It drives me mad.

I am slowly learning to not care what they think but it seems to be taking me years, some people loose this at 13, I am 21 and still have a problem with hiding stuff from my parents.
My God, tell them that it's your life, and just because you want to speak to a girl doesn't mean they have the right to interfere in everything you do! Perhaps modulate that a bit and you might get a more positive response, but that kind of watching at 21 would drive me nuts! I'm 19, and living away from home, so I can pretty much do as I like here. Some people's parents ring up at a specific time every week, or more than once a week, but mine don't do that - they ring if they need to speak to me and vice versa, so I don't have that much contact with them. I'm sure they wouldn't approve of everything I do here (except at the moment, where glandular fever means I'm behaving like an unfledged angel) but they don't interfere.

At home, I've never caught my mum going through stuff, but I don't think she does. I think Dad used to read my e-mail, before I got a password protected hotmail account (used to be on freeserve) but now he can't, so I'm not bothered.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
if it was smaller but its just so big........

yeah when my parents ask me what i did in school (if im feeling pissed< that is mad not drunk) ill be like shot up some heroin, drunk a couple bottles of vodka, and smoked 3 joints.
well indian parents are known for worrying the most and being the most protective
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well indian parents are known for worrying the most and being the most protective
what gave you the idea that im indian? im an american with english/ scottish descent.
onearmedscissor
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Your avatar, who is in it? I think I've seen that face on t-shirts before... some sort of rebel army person fighting for the people?
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
what gave you the idea that im indian? im an american with english/ scottish descent.
sorry bhaal but i wasnt talking about u - i was merely giving an example
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Your avatar, who is in it? I think I've seen that face on t-shirts before... some sort of rebel army person fighting for the people?
Yes Che Guevara - but actually its me
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
sorry bhaal but i wasnt talking about u - i was merely giving an example
um im curry. curryADD. not bhaal85. im the almighty schwimmer in his sig, he's the almightly forumite in mine.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
um im curry. curryADD. not bhaal85. im the almighty schwimmer in his sig, he's the almightly forumite in mine.
oops - sorry was viewing a reply of his in one of the other threads - i meant to say curryADD of course
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by starry)
I hate my mum for looking through my stuff, reading my emails and all sorts of things like that. She 'cleans up' my room and examines every little thing of mine.

I HATE IT!
yup..my mum is exactly the same. im 'tidying up your room'
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm 23 my mum still comes in my room upstairs without knocking despite knowing that it bothers me because she is always walking in when I'm getting changed. She goes through my bags, throws away stuff without asking and it does my head in. She says i abide by her rules or dont stay there but as soon as I have some money i will never stay at home again, I hate it, its well out of order and it doesnt change even if I pay rent.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
I'm 23 my mum still comes in my room upstairs without knocking despite knowing that it bothers me because she is always walking in when I'm getting changed. She goes through my bags, throws away stuff without asking and it does my head in. She says i abide by her rules or dont stay there but as soon as I have some money i will never stay at home again, I hate it, its well out of order and it doesnt change even if I pay rent.
That's evil.

If my mum as bad as some of people here's for going sthrough stuff, I think I'd get a code lock for my bedroom door. Just one of those mechanical ones that replaces the door handle. Seriously! My dad would probably help me install it too, he gets annoyed with my mum being so nosey.

If she could, she'd look through all my e-mails and MSN chat log files. But she can't because my PC is totally passworded and I lock it whenever I go away from it, even just to get a drink or something.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
and here's me thinking that women dont care about their mums walking in when they are getting dressed - perhaps i have watched too many crappy teen/school movies (American Pie etc.) - but i would think u would be more upset if u she walked in while u were having an intimate moment with a ... a ... well u know rather than when getting dressed!
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Shes walked in on me showering when I had slight bruises in some er delicate places and she asked me how i got them. She has no idea.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1043)
79.08%
Leave (276)
20.92%

Watched Threads