The Student Room Group

Nightclubs in Manchester?!!

Im spending a weeked in manchester in a few weeks and was just wondering if any one knew any good nightclubs to go to. ive never been out in manchester before because im not from the area so need some help pleaseeeeeeeeeee. im staying at the days hotel near piccadilly train station, so anything reasonably close to that will do me teheeeee thanks xxx

wedding veils
discount wedding dress
mother of the bride dress
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JustinDerek

Im spending a weeked in manchester in a few weeks and was just wondering if any one knew any good nightclubs to go to. ive never been out in manchester before because im not from the area so need some help pleaseeeeeeeeeee. im staying at the days hotel near piccadilly train station, so anything reasonably close to that will do me teheeeee thanks xxx

wedding veils
discount wedding dress
mother of the bride dress

Piccadilly's about a 15 minute walk away from the City Centre, so the obvious choice would be The Printworks, which has a variety of clubs:
Tiger Tiger
Pure
Entourage
Opus
BirdCage (Also a cabaret venue, so check it's a club night before queuing to get in!)

Tiger Tiger would be my vote, they have a variety of rooms on each floor so it can cater to different tastes. There's also all manner of bars and other clubs around the city centre that I've never visited, but Printworks is arguably the closest and most convenient and has a few very big clubs [=
If you're going Printworks then Tiger Tiger is definitely the best of them.
Reply 3

Hey! :biggrin: what sort of music/ scene are you into?

If you want mainstream/ RnB head for the print works. TigerTiger and Birdcage (on the right night) are the best there.

If you want Indie try my personal favourite club in town: http://www.42ndstreetnightclub.co.uk/ No dress code, very cheap!

If you like electro/house/getting pilled up head to Sankeys in Ancoats.

There's also Factory (FAC251) which is the reincarnation of the Hacienda. There's different floors, usually Madchester, 80's disco, dubstep, indie rock.

If you want bars rather than clubs (and are willing to spend a few bob) head for Deansgate Locks. There's Revolution BaaBar and others.

There's the Gay Village (Canal Street) if you're that way inclined!

5th Avenue near the Village is also worth a mention, plays mainstream music but unlike the printworks it's cheaper (scruffier?)

Green=Personal recommendation.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Sankeys, Printworks, Deansgate locks.
Reply 5
Opus is no more thankfully!
Reply 6
Fac251. Stay away from chavvy Printworks.
Reply 7
Dont go to Printworks.. its **** for clubs, you might aswell sit at home with the radio on listening to the top 40 lol

If your into your indie, 5th Ave or 42nd Street. If your into your Dubstep or DnB, Definitely go to Hit n Run which is held at a place called mint lounge every monday. If your into your house, electro, techno or anything like that, Sankeys is awesome :smile:
Reply 8
These are all terrible, you wanna steer clear of the printworks tbh

Sankeys, Attic, Factory and The Deaf Institute are my faves, there's a really dearth of decent clubs in Manchester, its a shame The Warehouse Project doesn't run year round

And if you want a decent bar head into the northern quarter, v close to Picadilly, a favourite of mine being Cafe Pacifico
Any metal / heavy rock type of clubs?

I don't mind Indie clubs.. not my fave music but usually a safe night out if the drinks are cheap and the crowd's friendly.. but would like something a bit heavier if there's somewhere out there?
Reply 10
factory and 42s, for good music of course
Reply 11
Original post by cdsmith1990

I don't mind Indie clubs.. not my fave music but usually a safe night out if the drinks are cheap and the crowd's friendly.. but would like something a bit heavier if there's somewhere out there?

there's a place called rock kitchen (kitch) for rock, if i do recall correctly cos i don't go there, never have but i know people that do.
how strict are doormen at sankeys manchester?? like, my boyfriend for valentines day bought us tickets to see a quirky band playing there soon, but i'm not 18 justt yet ( i was born in 1993 though) - if i show them my provisional license would i still get in? or do they only ask for your tickets??
Reply 13
Original post by zedjay010
there's a place called rock kitchen (kitch) for rock, if i do recall correctly cos i don't go there, never have but i know people that do.

Rock kitchen is crap! Theres zoo round the corner, rock bottom at retro bar on a friday and satans hollow.
Reply 14
Original post by popodomz
Rock kitchen is crap! Theres zoo round the corner, rock bottom at retro bar on a friday and satans hollow.

my bad
Reply 15
Original post by eamanexancalime
how strict are doormen at sankeys manchester?? like, my boyfriend for valentines day bought us tickets to see a quirky band playing there soon, but i'm not 18 justt yet ( i was born in 1993 though) - if i show them my provisional license would i still get in? or do they only ask for your tickets??

I'm from Birmingham but went to Sankeys for my mates 18th a few months ago. I love it sooo much its definatley my kind of club. There was 6 of us, some of us got asked for id and some didnt. I did and i'm 17 (my birthdays in august) i always use my cousins id as we look very similar and got away with it no problem.
Reply 16
have a look on here for manchester bars and clubs and all that for when you come down

:smile:
Original post by cdsmith1990

Satans :http://www.viewmanchester.co.uk/clubs/satans-hollow-info-30859.html its usually alternative/rock/light metal (korn, disturbed, papa roach, etc etc), and the side room is heavier (alterbridge, pantera, slayer etc)

for mega indie -42nd (thats more like Manchester Indie (oasis courteeners etc) or 5th which is indie/pop
Reply 18
any hiphop/reggae nightclubs in Manchester?I will be there from July
Reply 19
What about south? Althought its hidden away its had some decent Dj's visit, need to visit and see what its like.
Mint lounge, band on the wall, sankeys and fac251 are decent , however also enjoyed my times in Tiger tiger and Pure although there not really my scene.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending