The Student Room Group

boring friends

My friends are great, but theres one problem - its really hard to get them to go out at weekends! They all have excuses, like 'Ive got too much work to do' or 'I dont have any money!'. Some just say, 'I cant be bothered!'
Its kinda depressing, because it stops me going out if i dont have anyone to go with!
Anyone got any suggestions as to how to make them more enthusiastic??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My friends are boring.

So naturally, the first thing I do is log into thestudentroom.co.uk, an Internet message board. Then wait for replies. Here we go...
:ditto: i havent been out with my mates for two weeks now :frown: (though they haven't been out either :confused: ). Theres never anything free to do around here :frown:
hippy_chick
My friends are great, but theres one problem - its really hard to get them to go out at weekends! They all have excuses, like 'Ive got too much work to do' or 'I dont have any money!'. Some just say, 'I cant be bothered!'
Its kinda depressing, because it stops me going out if i dont have anyone to go with!

I no like going out because of the smoke.
Reply 4
I have a boring friend. I told him exactly what I thought of him. He "retaliated" and made a complete tw*t of himself.

He's not spoken to me since. :rolleyes: Never mind. I was only offering my help to make him less boring.

[EDIT] Please read post 24 before you start jumping to conclusions! :rolleyes: *Points at Ayaan*
saiyamana
Theres never anything free to do around here :frown:

I totally agree! Its hard to get the boring friends enthusiastic about going out when everything costs so much! :rolleyes:

Maybe you should have a party at your house and invite all your friends round? That way, you can just watch a couple of movies together and get a pizza or something simple (that doesn't require that much energy from them!) and no-one has to worry about anything costing too much. :smile:
Reply 6
who wants to go around the city and spend money.. id rather sit in front of my pc, because i can virtually do everything
Reply 7
Do your friends have other interests? If so why not share in these interests?

Clubbing isn't necessarily everyone's cup of tea.
Reply 8
Wish I could go out more. Thing is I live in a little market town in the middle of nowhere which has one dingy little nightclub full of chavs and drug dealers.
Reply 9
do you not have any other groups of friends that like going out? Surely not all of them prefer not to go out?
Reply 10
hippy_chick

Get your friends' friends to go and they should follow.
Reply 11
zooropa
Clubbing isn't necessarily everyone's cup of tea.

Precisely! I don't particularly like pubs or clubs and so don't go out in that sense. But I do plenty of other stuff like surfing, diving, skiing, and am up for trips to the cinema or out for a meal....everyone is just different. Perhaps ask your friends about going out doing something like cinema or meal instead?
hippy_chick

Maybe you could just stay in with them? Go round their house or vice versa. Alternatively do free stuff. Go out and do your homework in the park if you really want to :p:
Mad Vlad
I have a boring friend. I told him exactly what I thought of him. He "retaliated" and made a complete tw*t of himself.

He's not spoken to me since. :rolleyes: Never mind. I was only offering my help to make him less boring.

:rolleyes: :frown:
Reply 14
Mad Vlad
I was only offering my help to make him less boring.

What exactly did you suggest?

I'm not a drinker or big on hanging around in pubs or clubs so don't go out every weekend when my friends do. Every now and again, they will "offer me some help", telling me how boring I am for never coming out. They suggest if I came out, I'd be less boring, which doesn't make much sense, I mean, why do something I don't enjoy instead of something I do, or something more productive, just to increase my level of perceived "coolness"? If your advice was along the lines of this (I presume it was more informed and sensible), I can see why he got annoyed.
Reply 15
hehehe some people just look at the word boring from different perspectives.
Ha, I'm probably guilty of this (being boring). I just can't be arsed to go out a lot of time, although when someone do manage to get me out of the house I have a lot of fun. I don't know; I'm quite enthusiastic to go out shopping and stuff but I don't see the point of just going to the shopping centre to windowshop etc. Plus I'm not the clubbing type so even when I'm older I'll probably be the stay at home type.
Reply 17
Lol this thread just made me remember something - my friend rang me up at 10am today and asked if I want to go to a mate's birthday party - I said I had too much work...:flute:
Reply 18
nasht
who wants to go around the city and spend money.. id rather sit in front of my pc, because i can virtually do everything

Hehe, you sound like such a geek.
I love you! :love:
Mad Vlad

If he's a friend...and you call him boring? Don't you think that's slightly disgusting as a way of treating a friend? Surely the twát in this instance was you for being so utterly offensive? Besides, it may not have occured to you, but he could find you somewhat boring...some people may think they are gods gifts in terms of being an object of interest, humour and fascination...but not everyone appreciates the same thing....very arrogant really...

Just sounds very harsh your treatment towards your friend...maybe i don't know the entire story but based on that comment hmm.... :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending