(Original post by ayaan)
    I refuse to explain any further.
    You were explaining something? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    You were explaining something? :eek:
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    trust me, me and my friends do Maths and Sciences and we literally have no spare time.!! can what is there to do when you go out. i think that i might ask them to see Harry Potter when it coems out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayaan)
    Sorry, I wasn't 'slating you' I was joking.
    Don't worry ayaan, I got it :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, get new friends.
    Also, have you considered that you are rubbish when you go out? And talk too loudly and smell and have a cloud of flies that follow you around??? And thats why people have lame excuses? Kidding....

I used to have a mate who would always say "Lets go out!!!" then stand in the corner staring at the dancefloor for like 4 frikkin hours, in the end I just said to her - Yes I'll come out with you but we're not paying oodles of money to stand and do nothing - and she got the message. And I also started going out with other people.

ReputationRep:
    EVERYONE else round here is isnt football,getting drunk,sleazing over chavs,getting in fights and showing off in their cars.i havent got any friends because my hobbies are music,reading and movies.i dont go out at the weekends,i just laze about on my own and walk the dog and im content with my lifestyle.
    p.s i didnt read through all the pages of this thread so sorry if im interrupting something

ReputationRep:
    woah - i didnt realise this would make such a big discussion! I totally agree with what a lot of u are saying, thx 4 ur replies!
    btw - im not saying that i never go out with my friends, i was just wondering how to make them more enthusiastic - theres one in particular who just cant be bothered!
    and yeh - 2 whoever it was who said i might smell....i dont think i do...maybe i shuld ask one of my friends! lol

ReputationRep:
    I have a secret theory that we all smell, but we're all to polite to say anything to each other...

...or maybe that's just Glasgow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaisersalsek)
    All I can say is grow up and respect what they want to do. Don't come on an internet forum complaining about your friends wanting to do work. In the end, there will be only 1 winner, I'll leave that to you to find out.
    I have to agree.

I have one particular friend, who while I loved her dearly, constantly pesters me to go out, and sulks for days when I don't. I would like to, but I have barely enough money to feed and clothe myself, and am in my final year - I HAVE to put the hours in on my uni work unless I want to fail. And I don't.

Friends should have a bit more consideration for their friends who may appear `boring` but in reality may not have tons of money and may be on demanding courses on which they want to do well.
    Because when I can afford a night out, and can take a few hours off uni work, I will choose to spend it with my supportive friends, not the one who will spend the whole night slying commenting on how she never sees me, etc etc.

Ooh rant over, thanks for that, feel better now!!!

ReputationRep:
    My friends are the same. It's so frustrating.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.