This discussion is closed.
olalachaz
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
ive applied for government and economics at the LSE - prediceted AAAA (eco, geo, hist, gen) got AAAAB (B maths) for AS, 5A*s 3As GCSE - still havent heard!!?!? anyone else in the same posiiton? please give your A level subjects, course applied for and any news u have heard. Got in at UCL eco + business with east european studies BBB...hmmmm. or do i take york or manchester - eco/pol AAB and BBB respectively. still waiting durham, rejected oxf - tossers.

WHY DNT THEY LSE HURRY!?! they have given eco offers and gov offers why not eco/gov?!
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Predicted 37 out of 42 points (IB), incl 776 at HL.

Offers from Durham, Essex and York.

applied to LSE for gov and eco and haven't heard a thing.
olalachaz
(Original post by Linda)
Predicted 37 out of 42 points (IB), incl 776 at HL.

Offers from Durham, Essex and York.

applied to LSE for gov and eco and haven't heard a thing.

offer from durham?? what was it? what subject? i applied for ec pol no reply so far
olalachaz
p.s..... when i went to oxford - i within 15 mins i met 5 pple who had applied for government and economics at LSE, that was just in one of the 29 UG colleges and i didnt speak to everyone! - 41 places?? scary scary numbers
Linda
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by olalachaz)
offer from durham?? what was it? what subject? i applied for ec pol no reply so far
PPE. Conditional of obtaining at least 33 out of 45 IB points. Got the offer in late November.
Linda
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
p.s..... when i went to oxford - i within 15 mins i met 5 pple who had applied for government and economics at LSE, that was just in one of the 29 UG colleges and i didnt speak to everyone! - 41 places?? scary scary numbers
I also applied to Oxford (Teddy Hall) but I didn't get an interview :mad:
olalachaz
(Original post by Linda)
I also applied to Oxford (Teddy Hall) but I didn't get an interview :mad:
what course did u apply for at durham? what was ur offer? i havent even been allocated to college there yet. oxford is a waste of time unless u went to Public school OR you are an outstanding state school applicant - and not applying for law, PPE, english (traditional subjects)
Linda
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
what course did u apply for at durham? what was ur offer? i havent even been allocated to college there yet. oxford is a waste of time unless u went to Public school OR you are an outstanding state school applicant - and not applying for law, PPE, english (traditional subjects)
I already said so two posts above... Applied for PPE, offer of 33 points. My Essex offer is 32 points and York 36 points.
olalachaz
(Original post by Linda)
I already said so two posts above... Applied for PPE, offer of 33 points. My Essex offer is 32 points and York 36 points.
soz didnt see it.
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I applied for International Relations at LSE, predicted AAA, but I'm not expecting to get in cause I have History, Film and Media for my a levels. They haven't rejected me yet though.
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have applied to do Mathematics and Economics. I got 2A*s, 6As, 2Bs and a C at GCSE, ACCC (Psych, Bio, Chem, Maths) at AS Level and I'm predicted ABB (Psych, Maths, Chem) for A2. I still haven't heard from them. I go to their Saturday Maths schools and while we were doing our UCAS applications, they asked if anyone was applying to LSE. Maybe they are going to give us priority or something?
olalachaz
(Original post by Frances)
I applied for International Relations at LSE, predicted AAA, but I'm not expecting to get in cause I have History, Film and Media for my a levels. They haven't rejected me yet though.
the head boy from school got rejected for IR a month ago - he is predicted AAA so have faith.. yet, i doubt ull get in with those subjects, no offence. Depends if you wrote your Personal statement for LSE or for another uni (not many uni's do IR). I applied to oxford but deliberately said Government and eco in my Personal statement. It annoys me when oxbridge applicants scream about LSE rejecting them when they are predicted AAAAAAAAA.... they lse is better then oxford and if you dont write a personal statement which is directly relevant to their course then of course they will rejected you! plus if you are a public shcool right wing snob simply relying on your academia then no you wont get - LSE DONT PICK AT RANDOM!
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Both LSE and UCL offered me places last year for law - but i missed the offers and now i am waiting to hear from them
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the head boy from school got rejected for IR a month ago - he is predicted AAA so have faith.. yet, i doubt ull get in with those subjects, no offence. Depends if you wrote your Personal statement for LSE or for another uni (not many uni's do IR). I applied to oxford but deliberately said Government and eco in my Personal statement. It annoys me when oxbridge applicants scream about LSE rejecting them when they are predicted AAAAAAAAA.... they lse is better then oxford and if you dont write a personal statement which is directly relevant to their course then of course they will rejected you! plus if you are a public shcool right wing snob simply relying on your academia then no you wont get - LSE DONT PICK AT RANDOM!
Yeah, I doubt I'll get in as well. I'm not to bothered really, Nottingham will do me fine.

I wrote about politics in my personal statement, but I did mention that I was particularly interested in International Relations. I don't think I'm a public school right wing snob though
Mysticmin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ive applied for government and economics at the LSE - prediceted AAAA (eco, geo, hist, gen) got AAAAB (B maths) for AS, 5A*s 3As GCSE - still havent heard!!?!? anyone else in the same posiiton? please give your A level subjects, course applied for and any news u have heard. Got in at UCL eco + business with east european studies BBB...hmmmm. or do i take york or manchester - eco/pol AAB and BBB respectively. still waiting durham, rejected oxf - tossers.

WHY DNT THEY LSE HURRY!?! they have given eco offers and gov offers why not eco/gov?!
Applied in October for L101 (straight economics). Offer from UCL in December (AAA). Got AAAA for AS (Maths, Physics, Economics, Biology), predicted AAA for A2s in Maths, Physics and economics, and an A in AS further mathematics. Also offers from York and Warwick, both straight economics.

What did people think of UCL? If i get rejected from LSE it's a toss up between warwick or UCL
HasanB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I applied in october aswell, got AABB at AS level and was predicted AAB for my A levels. Ive applied for accounting and finance, and ive got offers from, Leeds, Southampton, Bristol, Nottingham, Warwick, not a thing from LSE though although i heard that theyve sent some rejections for my course ... so im hoping that its a good thing that i havent heard n e thing !!
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
oxford is a waste of time unless u went to Public school OR you are an outstanding state school applicant - and not applying for law, PPE, english (traditional subjects)
*******s, don't use that as an excuse because you haven't heard from them or been rejected. They are actively discriminating AGAINST public schoolers and trying to encourage more state school apps.
byakugan_neji
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have applied for:

UCL - Chemistry with an European Language
UCL - Maths with a Modern Language
SOAS - Economics and Japanese

Predicted ABB for Psychology, Maths and Chemistry and B for AS Italian.

Got rejected by SOAS and got interview for Chemistry at UCL on Tuesday.
gemma1811
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I applied in October to LSE for Accounting & Finance. Still haven't heard a thing from them. Have got offers for Durham, Exeter, Reading, Southamton and Warwick
A-levels: Economics, Maths, History (& General Studies) & Chemistry AS
been predicted AAB
grace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well do IB and am predicted 7,7,7,6,6,6 (a 7 is roughly the equivelant of a high A at A-level and a 6 is an A) and have applied to UCL for english.

They asked me to send in some work for them, a few essays etc, which i did and they recieved it on Wednesday. They phoned me on Friday, but i was at work so they left a message with my brother asking me to call them back as soon as possible...wat could it mean?! I hafta wait until tomorrow to call them and find out! Any guesses...?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (445)
59.02%
Yes- I don't like it (42)
5.57%
No- I want it (217)
28.78%
No- I don't want it (50)
6.63%

Watched Threads