The Student Room Group

amazing disabled man

I served this man at work today who was in a wheelchair and couldn't use his arms. I think he may have been one of the people who were affected by thalidomide. Anyway, he had to sign for his transaction (we haven't got chip in and pin yet...we live in the stone age at this company!) and he said "I'm a mouth writer" and then proceeded to write his signature in perfectly neat handwriting using a pen in his mouth. :eek: I was so shocked, I really have never ever been so impressed by something before in my entire life! I was tempted to tell him how cool it was but I would have made myself look stupid probably.
what a dude. my gran buys christmas cards painted by mouth and foot artists. some of them are quite good!
Reply 2
Yeah, these people are brilliant!

I remember seeing this woman on tv a while back who had to use her feet for driving, it really was quite incredible to watch.
Reply 3
Its quite amazing what some people can do to overcome the adversity in their lives.
Reply 4
elbow_fan
Yeah, these people are brilliant!

I remember seeing this woman on tv a while back who had to use her feet for driving, it really was quite incredible to watch.

:eek:
elbow_fan
I served this man at work today who was in a wheelchair and couldn't use his arms. I think he may have been one of the people who were affected by thalidomide. Anyway, he had to sign for his transaction (we haven't got chip in and pin yet...we live in the stone age at this company!) and he said "I'm a mouth writer" and then proceeded to write his signature in perfectly neat handwriting using a pen in his mouth. :eek: I was so shocked, I really have never ever been so impressed by something before in my entire life! I was tempted to tell him how cool it was but I would have made myself look stupid probably.

i doubt that would have made you look stupid-more like interested. i would have said it anyway. its a talking point and so long as you'd said it in a way that didnt come across as though you were taking the p!ss then the gentleman in question may have took it as a compliment.

but yeah, it is so cool when you see the way people adapt to their disabilities. it's like with stroke patients they do some of the coolest things, it's extraordinary.
Reply 6
theres this one guy i know who has no hands so he uses his feet to smoke.. :biggrin:
Reply 7
nasht
theres this one guy i know who has no hands so he uses his feet to smoke.. :biggrin:

lol! priorities.....
nasht

thats quite tragic actually. it just goes to show how addictive smoking is, and what lengths addiction can lead you to :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending