This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Is it normal to have slightly different colour hair on your fringe? The bits of short hair on my fringe look slightly grey. Is this perfectly normal or this is the start of going grey?
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What colour hair do you have originally?
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Is it normal to have slightly different colour hair on your fringe? The bits of short hair on my fringe look slightly grey. Is this perfectly normal or this is the start of going grey?
My mate had a massive grey steak naturally in the middle of his head
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by lilsunflower)
What colour hair do you have originally?
Brown, my hair is still brown, I just have a couple of hairs that are slightly lighter.
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Brown, my hair is still brown, I just have a couple of hairs that are slightly lighter.
Aww I dont think you have to worry too much. My boyfriend has a few grey hairs and it doesn't bother me or him Its awfully cute
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i have brown hair and bits of it is blonde so no need to worry
AT82
Rep:
?
I did used to have blonde hair when I was little so maybe I still have a couple of streaks of blonde, my dad also used to blonde when he was younger and my sister is also blonde.

I'm probably just worrying about nothing, its not even that noticable at all I was worried about it spreading and becoming grey. I am far too young to become grey at 21.
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i wouldn't worry too much, the fringe is a very weird place to start going grey from. my mate went grey wen he reached twenty though so...
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I did used to have blonde hair when I was little so maybe I still have a couple of streaks of blonde, my dad also used to blonde when he was younger and my sister is also blonde.

I'm probably just worrying about nothing, its not even that noticable at all I was worried about it spreading and becoming grey. I am far too young to become grey at 21.
it is probably just bits of blonde i get it now and i get a bit morer of it in the summer
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i dunno, it possible, someone at my 6th form was entirely bald by the age of 17, that was wierd, but not impossible, so im told. my aunt was grey at 16...

who knows? at least you'll be able t call yourself 'distinguished'!
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
you shouldn't be worried (unless there is a history of premature greying in your family) but loads of people have very blond hairs which look dirty and hence you think they're grey.

I'd like grey hair though I died grey and white bits into my hair at one point (always did want to look like storm from xmen lol)
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the darker the pigment of your hair the quicker it goes grey. jet black hair for example goes gray a lot quicker than most. A friends parents went grey in their early 20's because of it.

it yours dark brown?
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
you shouldn't be worried (unless there is a history of premature greying in your family) but loads of people have very blond hairs which look dirty and hence you think they're grey.

I'd like grey hair though I died grey and white bits into my hair at one point (always did want to look like storm from xmen lol)
Aww.. how did it look?
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm 18 and i've had grey hairs since i was about 13. It's not too noticeable when my hair's short. It's not too bad though.
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
Aww.. how did it look?
er... interesting lol.

cant say I'll be doing it again... but the time I just had white bits was good, I had 3 chunky white stripes on the left side of my hair... was cool, but when you dye your hair to avoid freaky looking roots, you end up with REALLY bright bits there (I died mine ginger, was very bright orange in the bits that had been bleached). I really should think before I act
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
it could be the sun it could be grey hair, my friend had a fair few grey hairs at the back by the time she was 20 its quite common. I've had one white eyelash since I was 16. If you get loads more then you can always dye it but i doubt you will suddenly go grey. Its quite common in the 20+ age groups but noone wants to admit to it.
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the birds will love the mature look
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (8)
29.63%
No (16)
59.26%
Don't know (3)
11.11%

Watched Threads