Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quick_Silver)
    This thread has like, killed all my hope...
    aww there there :hugs:......its just preparing yourself for the worst case scenario....hopefully it wont come to that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quick_Silver)
    This thread has like, killed all my hope...
    Sorry, I do actually expect to be rejected from everywhere, it's a lottery that someone has to loose.. :s:

ReputationRep:
    dont worry i lost the lottery last year but now 2 interviews, yayayayayay!

ReputationRep:
    If I don't get in again this year? I'm taking one of my unconditional Biolgical Science offers. I really want to do medicine, but there is no way I am taking another forced gap-year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    If I don't get in again this year? I'm taking one of my unconditional Biolgical Science offers. I really want to do medicine, but there is no way I am taking another forced gap-year.
    So you'ld rather do any degree and waste 3 years of your life?

And if you do any degree because you want to try for GEP and then **** up that degree because your heart isn't in it, you could end up kissing medicine goodbye forever...

I agree that you have to draw the line somewhere, but if somethings worth fighting for...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    So you'ld rather do any degree and waste 3 years of your life?

And if you do any degree because you want to try for GEP and then **** up that degree because your heart isn't in it, you could end up kissing medicine goodbye forever...

I agree that you have to draw the line somewhere, but if somethings worth fighting for...
    Well really, if I don't get in this year there is obviously a reason for that; most likely that I just plain don't deserve to get in.

I am 100% sure I would enjoy studying Biology, if that is what I ended up with, but it's no medicine.

Thanks for the advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Sorry, I do actually expect to be rejected from everywhere, it's a lottery that someone has to loose.. :s:
    Wahey I have an interview at BARTS, so at least now if I'm rejected from everywhere some of the blame will lie with me mucking up at interview. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Wahey I have an interview at BARTS, so at least now if I'm rejected from everywhere some of the blame will lie with me mucking up at interview. :afraid:
    that is so true...if i mess it up, i think i will have to start another degree is 2 gap years in a row....

ReputationRep:
    Where is your interview? At St Bartholmew's or at The Royal London?

ReputationRep:
    St Bartholomew's hospital in the pathology museum (4th floor robin brook centre but you already know that...)

ReputationRep:
    Yup - I know it! I'm in the Library at Barts at the moment - which is underneath the Path Museum.

I love the area around Barts (I have to I guess - I live here ). I dare you not to fall in love with the place

ReputationRep:
    Yup - I know it! I'm in the Library at Barts at the moment - which is underneath the Path Museum.

I love the area around Barts (I have to I guess - I live here ). I dare you not to fall in love with the place
    You're THERE! :eek:

Wow, I've never felt so happy about something so terrifying before :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    St Bartholomew's hospital in the pathology museum, the 4th floor robin brook centre!

ReputationRep:
    hmmm... unfortunetly there is a big chance of being rejected from everywhere isnt there? practically everyone at school doesnt believe me that I might not get in... they just dont understand the competition.. though I have done all I can for now - just hope my interviews go well..

If i do get rejected from everywhere though, I will take a gap year, perhaps do some more work experience, some traveling, some work to earn some cash.... and reapply... bristol did say.. well i think it was bristol, could have been liverpool actually.. that a third of those accepted in 2004 for vet med were accepted with unconditional offers after applying for a second time after a previous unsucessful application.. so there is hope

ReputationRep:
    i dont mind so much if i dont get in at all this time round. i've already got a biomed offer i'd take, and failing that...well, resit the year and start again eh?

ReputationRep:
    i got all rejections last year, am reapplying.

ReputationRep:
    Random: I got another letter yesterday inviting me to interview at the same time but at QM in the great hall. However, I got an email apologising for this and confirming the initial (barts) location was correct. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worthlessspeck)
    i got all rejections last year, am reapplying.
    just wondering...if you dont mind me asking what were your grades? and where did u apply to last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sayed_samed)
    dont worry i lost the lottery last year but now 2 interviews, yayayayayay!
    is your interview in Bristol? or BL?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.