Watch
This discussion is closed.
Christian Bale
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Christian Bale)
Manchester United blog. Quite new, will try to blog about general football too.

http://mufctalk.wordpress.com/
(Original post by Rhii)
Shame.. If it was an Arsenal blog I would have spread the word
It is very well written though! Do you write as a profession?

Oh no, not an Arsenal fan! Anything but an Arsenal fan! lol
And thanks for that, I appreciate it! For a living? Noooo, I'm yet to leave secondary school! I'm only in yr 11... I wouldn't mind becoming a Sports Journalist though...
Rhii
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh no, not an Arsenal fan! Anything but an Arsenal fan! lol
And thanks for that, I appreciate it! For a living? Noooo, I'm yet to leave secondary school! I'm only in yr 11... I wouldn't mind becoming a Sports Journalist though...
Haha! Well you have a good talent for words then! Make sure you take all your English subjects etc then! I want to become a fashion journalist but didnt realise until last year so I've picked all the wrong subjects I'll get there though
clo-clo1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rhii)
Haha! Well you have a good talent for words then! Make sure you take all your English subjects etc then! I want to become a fashion journalist but didnt realise until last year so I've picked all the wrong subjects I'll get there though
It doesn't tend to matter what subject you do for journalism, I have just finished a journalism degree but it tends to matter more on what experience you have and how much you can hold out through the *****yness of some people where you get any internships.
Rhii
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by clo-clo1)
It doesn't tend to matter what subject you do for journalism, I have just finished a journalism degree but it tends to matter more on what experience you have and how much you can hold out through the *****yness of some people where you get any internships.
So you reckon I'd be able to find a job in journalism after doing German at university?
clo-clo1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rhii)
So you reckon I'd be able to find a job in journalism after doing German at university?
Yeah, languages are always good. Of course it'll be hard but it's hard regardless- you may find it harder to get internships straight away at fashion magazines etc but start low and you'll be fine. Apparently parenting magazines are a pretty easy starting place.

I need to find a job myself now.
Rhii
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by clo-clo1)
Yeah, languages are always good. Of course it'll be hard but it's hard regardless- you may find it harder to get internships straight away at fashion magazines etc but start low and you'll be fine. Apparently parenting magazines are a pretty easy starting place.

I need to find a job myself now.
Thanks for the advice! And good luck with the job hunting!
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report 10 years ago
:facepalm: How many 'GlossyBox' blog posts have people read this week? . .lol
Christian Bale
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rhii)
Yep, I decided to take English literature though... Not sure whether Lang & Lit would be better though...
What subjects did you take?
Rhii
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yep, I decided to take English literature though... Not sure whether Lang & Lit would be better though...
What subjects did you take?
I took German, Geography, Maths & Chemistry

I'm desperately trying to do outside work for online magazines etc to try and get my journalism portfolio up but it's hard with all the exams I have at the moment!
Emily-claire
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Needs updating, let revision take priority too much!
http://fakegingercheapskate.blogspot.com/
Christian Bale
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rhii)
I took German, Geography, Maths & Chemistry

I'm desperately trying to do outside work for online magazines etc to try and get my journalism portfolio up but it's hard with all the exams I have at the moment!
I'm sure you'll be fine with German and Geography! Geog because it's fairly analytical, they'll like that.
As for a portfolio, start that in the summer! It's only a couple of weeks away! Helps if you know someone, or a friend of a friend (which I don't I'm afraid). Good luck with that and your exams, anyway!

Just realised that this was filed under Fashion and Beauty btw... Ooops!
jessyfantastic90
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey guys made some smal changes to the blog(added social buttons) tell me what you think. Also I have page feel free to like it

http://http://lwig-lookwhatigot.blogspot.com/
Rhii
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm sure you'll be fine with German and Geography! Geog because it's fairly analytical, they'll like that.
As for a portfolio, start that in the summer! It's only a couple of weeks away! Helps if you know someone, or a friend of a friend (which I don't I'm afraid). Good luck with that and your exams, anyway!

Just realised that this was filed under Fashion and Beauty btw... Ooops!
Haha! Yeah that's what I'm planning I don't know anyone either apart from the people I've met through blogging xD

Thanks, good luck with yours too!
DancinBallerina
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jessyfantastic90)
Hey guys made some smal changes to the blog(added social buttons) tell me what you think. Also I have page feel free to like it

Just had a look - love the lil buttons. I am trying to revamp mine, but it's not doing as it's told. Grrrrr. Just also read the post regarding your hair journey - thank you for including me and I humble that my hair journey has inspired you to heathy longer hair. :-)
jessyfantastic90
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DancinBallerina)
Just had a look - love the lil buttons. I am trying to revamp mine, but it's not doing as it's told. Grrrrr. Just also read the post regarding your hair journey - thank you for including me and I humble that my hair journey has inspired you to heathy longer hair. :-)
Thanks. What are you trying to do? I might be able to help
DancinBallerina
Report 10 years ago
Thanks. What are you trying to do? I might be able to help
I am trying to revamp it, make it less girly (it's too pink) and make it more mature and professional/serious (if that makes sense). Everytime I go to add a new background, it only fits half the page! :-/ I also want to add favourite blogs on the side.

I just want to make my blog abit more friendly and less bare :-/.
Sky_Dream
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DancinBallerina)
I am trying to revamp it, make it less girly (it's too pink) and make it more mature and professional/serious (if that makes sense). Everytime I go to add a new background, it only fits half the page! :-/ I also want to add favourite blogs on the side.

I just want to make my blog abit more friendly and less bare :-/.
Do you select 'tile background' (or something) in template designer? This'll mean that it doesn't just take up half the page.
Sky_Dream
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

It looks great. How'd you add those social buttons? I've wanted to add those for ages!
DancinBallerina
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sky_Dream)
Do you select 'tile background' (or something) in template designer? This'll mean that it doesn't just take up half the page.
Ah, I'll take a look and see.

Thanks!
DancinBallerina
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sky_Dream)
. . . .
I ticked 'untile' and now I have a block of bright pink and the stripes @ the top :facepalm: Grrrr, this is annoying lol.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.93%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.29%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.08%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.15%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.88%

Watched Threads