The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by museobsessed
i'm obsessive about my stats now :p: haha

Me too, it's such a dangerous, time consuming function!
New blog post here . . .

:smile:

EDIT: I don't usually do this, but I have a friend who has entered a competition and I have blogged about it here. It's a one off, as I don't usually like 'begging' for votes. But she is a stunning friend of mine, who has been modelling for quite sometime and just needs that break to get her career started. So I ask anyone to kindly vote for her. Thank You.
(edited 12 years ago)
I've finally got a camera! So I can get photos in my posts for my blog now! :smile: I've done a new post with my product of the month, and I'd appreciate it if you'd have a look at it :smile:

http://prhpxo.blogspot.com/

xo
Reply 543
My blog is based around design & creativity, as well as cool things I want to share with the world!
Follow me, I follow back :smile:

www.jezep.tumblr.com
Completely random and misc blog! Not sure where its going but check me out! Follow if you like :smile:

http://inlovewithpaulvarjak.blogspot.com/
Reply 545
Anyone else tired of the whole 'follow me and I'll follow you back' thing?

I want people to follow my blog if they enjoy reading it, not because they want me to follow theirs! :s-smilie:
Original post by Awnyeah

I want people to follow my blog if they enjoy reading it, not because they want me to follow theirs! :s-smilie:

Yes, someone asked me to follow them, if they follow me, I just ignored it, infact I deleted their 'comment'.
Reply 547
Original post by DancinBallerina
Yes, someone asked me to follow them, if they follow me, I just ignored it, infact I deleted their 'comment'.

You're dead right. I don't mind if someone writes a proper comment and then leaves a link to their blog, I'll propably check it out.

But if they just write 'nice pics' or 'follow me and I'll follow you back' and then link their blog.. I'm like no way, not gonna happen! :rolleyes:
Original post by Awnyeah
You're dead right. I don't mind if someone writes a proper comment and then leaves a link to their blog, I'll propably check it out.

But if they just write 'nice pics' or 'follow me and I'll follow you back' and then link their blog.. I'm like no way, not gonna happen! :rolleyes:

@ First I thought ''Aww it's quite a good way to get people to see your blog''. But actually it's annoying. Even one of the well known bloggers was moaning about it the other night, which I didn't know it really got on the goat of really established bloggers :/. This particular blogger said, if someone leaves a comment and signs it with their blog addy, she's deletes it, as she classes it as spamming! :dontknow:.

In my opinion, if the person has left a comment that is in relation to the blog post, then I personally don't mind. But if it's crap like follow me or a heart image, which I got earlier from someone, I delete because it doesn't offer anything contributory to the blog post.
@ First I thought ''Aww it's quite a good way to get people to see your blog''. But actually it's annoying. Even one of the well known bloggers was moaning about it the other night, which I didn't know it really got on the goat of really established bloggers :/. This particular blogger said, if someone leaves a comment and signs it with their blog addy, she's deletes it, as she classes it as spamming! :dontknow:.

In my opinion, if the person has left a comment that is in relation to the blog post, then I personally don't mind. But if it's crap like follow me or a heart image, which I got earlier from someone, I delete because it doesn't offer anything contributory to the blog post.

Which blogger are you talking about who was complaining about comments? Could you link me to their post please? I think I may know who you mean.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Which blogger are you talking about who was complaining about comments? Could you link me to their post please? I think I may know who you mean.

Haha, I was just thinking ''I bet I get asked which blogger it is?''. I'll PM you . . as they can follow the link from their 'Stats' if added onto the forum publicly!
Original post by Awnyeah

Yeah I find that a bit annoying too, as it's a bit thoughtless. I'd rather just leave a proper comment, (or none at all if I really can't think of something constructive) and leave it up to them whether they're bothered enough to visit my blog and follow or not. And I have managed to gain some followers just by leaving nice comments on their blog, and not just writing "follow me" or whatever, so it works :wink:
Has anyone used BlogCatlog or any other blog promotion websites before?

xo
(edited 12 years ago)
I don't really care if someone posts a link to their blog or asks me to follow or whatever, I ignore it yes but with the blogger as a celeb you can understand why people want to be part of that.
At least those people aren't usually up themselves like some established bloggers and I do mean very few bloggers but some thrive on the fact they have 1000 followers or whatever and get invited to things.

Hm I don't really get how it can be seen as spamming if you leave it after a post that actually contributes to the blog, that seems a bit harsh! I bet the more well known bloggers were doing that at the beginning anyway!
Original post by teddybomb
Hm I don't really get how it can be seen as spamming if you leave it after a post that actually contributes to the blog, that seems a bit harsh! I bet the more well known bloggers were doing that at the beginning anyway!

I tried to comment on one of your posts but it wouldnt let me!! Argh. x
Guys, do you think making a twitter for my blog and then following lots of relvent twitters in the hope they check out my blog would be a good way to promote my blog? I'd tweet every so often and remind people that I exist so they would hopefully keep checking it
Guys, do you think making a twitter for my blog and then following lots of relvent twitters in the hope they check out my blog would be a good way to promote my blog? I'd tweet every so often and remind people that I exist so they would hopefully keep checking it

I use twitter to help promote it but more by talking to people then if they follow you they see your blog. If you hashtag stuff in then people might find you when they search stuff etc
Original post by teddybomb

Yea, that's what I thought; if the person is replying with a comment related to the blog post, then I personally can't see a problem with it. If they just say ''Follow me'' and then add their blog addy, then yes I can see how that is spamming as it offers no response to the blog post.

Yea, the well known bloggers more than likely were doing the same thing to drum up interest for their blog when they first started. Tbh from what I have found from this whole blogging lark, there are quite a few stuck up bloggers, who seem to look down @ newer bloggers. They seem to forget however that a long time ago, they started from nothing, and should be grateful to their subscribers! If it wasn't for the subs, I doubt v much they would be where they are today (in the blogging world!) . . .

Twitter is defo a good way to network. I currently use it; 1 for personal and 1 for blog, and I have made a lil friend, who infact lives in the same area as me! lol I also talk to someone who is friends with TOWIE Lauren (this I didn't know @ first). But now and again I get msgs from her and vice versa. Also a very lovely lady, who tweets and blogs about interesting things.

Hope that helps :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending