The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rhii
Go onto your Facebook Page and then Edit Page > Resources > Use Social Plugins > Like Box

And then edit the settings etc :smile:

Copy the HTML code they give you into a HTML Blogger Gadget on your Design page and Voila! :biggrin:

let me know if you need any more help! :smile:

which code do I use? the first or second one?
Reply 581
Original post by DancinBallerina
Are any of you going to the meet in London? There has been one organised by the London Beauty Queen; date is sometime in July, but no venue as of yet. I can't go as my place of work won't give me the time off :frown:.

Click here

I would if I could but I just don't have the money at the minute what with saving for uni etc :frown:
Original post by museobsessed
nah, not going to London just to meet bloggers :p:

I don't really know anyone, so although I think it's quite a good idea, I don't particularly want to be a larry lonesome, twiddling my thumbs figuring out what to do.:cool::s-smilie: lol

Original post by Rhii
I would if I could but I just don't have the money at the minute what with saving for uni etc :frown:

I don't either :/, trying to save for holiday.
Reply 583
Original post by jessyfantastic90
which code do I use? the first or second one?

The first one :smile: (iframe)

I don't really know anyone, so although I think it's quite a good idea, I don't particularly want to be a larry lonesome, twiddling my thumbs figuring out what to do.

exactly. doing a midlands one would be much less travel and less people means you can concentrate on getting to know people and if we're on TSR we already talk so it would be less awkward
Reply 585
exactly. doing a midlands one would be much less travel and less people means you can concentrate on getting to know people and if we're on TSR we already talk so it would be less awkward

Definitely :smile: I think quite a few bloggers live around the midlands as well :smile:
Original post by Rhii
The first one :smile: (iframe)

thanks I have done it!

Agree *nods* :smile:.
Just loves getting people trying to enter my models own comp, but haven't actually bothered to subscribe to my blog! :facepalm:
Original post by teddybomb
Ow, someone else had a problem with it too :frown:

Ah thats not cool. I'm following you now anyway so I will comment if it eventually lets me!!!
TSR blog friends - need some help, well advice: Someone earlier entered my competition, clearly didn't read the rules, as I stated MUST be a follower of my blog in order to enter! I declined because they didn't adhere to that rule. Now the person is back, having made a blog AND twitter - what do I do? Do I let them enter or still say no because they've just made the blog for the competition? . . :/
Reply 591
I would just let them enter, not such a big deal is it? Cant they not follow your blog unless they have a blog? Or just make sure they don't win anything:biggrin: lol I have never had a competition on my blog and I don't usually enter any competitions on other blogs because they require you to be a follower/like their fb page/like their twitter or whatever and I find it a bit irritating. So I am not familiar with the usualy rules bloggers would use. Must be annoying for you tho if it feels like the person is not genuine.
Original post by fold
I would just let them enter, not such a big deal is it? Cant they not follow your blog unless they have a blog? Or just make sure they don't win anything:biggrin: lol I have never had a competition on my blog and I don't usually enter any competitions on other blogs because they require you to be a follower/like their fb page/like their twitter or whatever and I find it a bit irritating. So I am not familiar with the usualy rules bloggers would use. Must be annoying for you tho if it feels like the person is not genuine.

My blog comp./giveaway rules clearly states that you MUST be a subscriber of my blog (which is the going rule for ALL blog comps./giveaways I have seen, so I have adapted that etiquette on mine). IF she had subbed, then yes without question of a doubt I would have accepted her entry, but she had nothing. Her blogger account was set up today, and on my stats, where I can see what keywords lead people to my blog, ''free nail polish giveaway'' came up today. Now I am not accusing her of putting that into goggle, but it's abit of a coincidence. If she's genuine, then I apologise, but I somehow don't think she is, informing me of her new shoes she got today, and she desperately needs nail polish to match them! {I'll let you make your own conclusion from that}.

It's the first time I have done a giveaway, it's not a big one, but more of a thank you to the lovely people who have subscribed to my fairly new, up and coming blog. It's not brilliant, like some I have come across, but I am enjoying what I am doing and I hope people enjoy what I write about on a daily basis. That is why I decided to do a giveaway for the lovely genuine subscribers; it's not fair if someone who is out to get something for free, without showing any contribution to my blog, enters a giveaway and wins.

I really hope I don't sound snooty like some established bloggers I have come across lately, but I am only trying my best to make it fair to genuine people. AND I will never forget TSR, as it is this thread that has helped me along this journey :smile:.
(edited 12 years ago)
TSR blog friends - need some help, well advice: Someone earlier entered my competition, clearly didn't read the rules, as I stated MUST be a follower of my blog in order to enter! I declined because they didn't adhere to that rule. Now the person is back, having made a blog AND twitter - what do I do? Do I let them enter or still say no because they've just made the blog for the competition? . . :/

I dunno, is it really such a bad thing that they made a blog just for your competition? I joined Twitter just to enter a competition before, and I'm not really into Twitter. Anyway at the end of the day, it's your contest and your rules, so only you can really decide what you want to do.

Also, I thought people could follow blogs without having a blog themselves - I thought they just needed a Google account? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I dunno, is it really such a bad thing that they made a blog just for your competition? I joined Twitter just to enter a competition before, and I'm not really into Twitter. Anyway at the end of the day, it's your contest and your rules, so only you can really decide what you want to do.

Also, I thought people could follow blogs without having a blog themselves - I thought they just needed a Google account? Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's the thing, the person didn't hadn't even subscribed to my blog, they just entered sending me a link to some shoes she got today, which I thought wasn't fair on those who had subscribed and entered. If her comment was accepted, and she became 1 of the 5 winners, and someone who had subbed, entered and hadn't won, it's not really fair on those of you who followed the rules.

I prob. sound like a childish brat lol, but I am just trying to keep it fair and loyal to the subscribers. I know this is prob. part and parcel of having blog giveaways, but I am trying to be as fair as possible and seek out the 'i want i want i want but not contribute' from the genuine people.

Yes, people can follow blogs without having a blog themselves, that's not issue.
(edited 12 years ago)
Nah, don't count her as one of your subscribers. Joining just to get free nail varnish is really cheap and tacky to be honest
My blog comp./giveaway rules clearly states that you MUST be a subscriber of my blog (which is the going rule for ALL blog comps./giveaways I have seen, so I have adapted that etiquette on mine). IF she had subbed, then yes without question of a doubt I would have accepted her entry, but she had nothing. Her blogger account was set up today, and on my stats, where I can see what keywords lead people to my blog, ''free nail polish giveaway'' came up today. Now I am not accusing her of putting that into goggle, but it's abit of a coincidence. If she's genuine, then I apologise, but I somehow don't think she is, informing me of her new shoes she got today, and she desperately needs nail polish to match them! {I'll let you make your own conclusion from that}.

It's the first time I have done a giveaway, it's not a big one, but more of a thank you to the lovely people who have subscribed to my fairly new, up and coming blog. It's not brilliant, like some I have come across, but I am enjoying what I am doing and I hope people enjoy what I write about on a daily basis. That is why I decided to do a giveaway for the lovely genuine subscribers; it's not fair if someone who is out to get something for free, without showing any contribution to my blog, enters a giveaway and wins.

I really hope I don't sound snooty like some established bloggers I have come across lately, but I am only trying my best to make it fair to genuine people. AND I will never forget TSR, as it is this thread that has helped me along this journey :smile:.

Does it matter? It seems like you're taking this a little too seriously.. xx
Any of you interested in attending a fashion show in July? And maybe blogging about it too? xx
Original post by hippobluecampe

Original post by hippobluecampe
Any of you interested in attending a fashion show in July? And maybe blogging about it too? xx

where? London?
where? London?

yes :smile:

Latest