The Student Room Group

When should I start revising

Hi, so I have no idea when I should start revising for my GCSE exams which start in May.

The exams I will be sitting are:

- Child development (Pretty easy, won't need much revision)
- English Lang and Lit (Not very good at either, got a B in lang mock and a D in lit :/)
- History x3 (Will need to revise loads lol)
- Maths terminal paper
- AQA C1 and P1 resists (Doesn't matter if I don't do that well in these as I got an A and B in both I'm only resitting them so I have something to do in science classes lol)
Personally I think it's a good idea to start revising a.s.a.p, even if you don't do that much until a few weeks before the exams. If you do decide to revise now make sure you keep up to date with current work aswell. :smile:
Reply 2
No time like the present.
You're struggling with history and english so you should start revising them pretty soon. I have everything to re-learn in history so I started revising back in January. Seeing as you seem pretty confident with the rest you could start revising in the Easter break maybe?
Original post by LeaX
Hi, so I have no idea when I should start revising for my GCSE exams which start in May.

The exams I will be sitting are:

- Child development (Pretty easy, won't need much revision)
- English Lang and Lit (Not very good at either, got a B in lang mock and a D in lit :/)
- History x3 (Will need to revise loads lol)
- Maths terminal paper
- AQA C1 and P1 resists (Doesn't matter if I don't do that well in these as I got an A and B in both I'm only resitting them so I have something to do in science classes lol)

Don't leave it too late like I did. I started revising about 2 weeks before my actual exams and came out with good grades but nowhere near what I wanted. Start doing little bits of revision early on and intensify your revision as you get closer to the exam date. To be honest you could start revising now. Good Luck with your exams OP.
Reply 5
The morning of the 20th March. Works like a treat. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest