Asked customer for id, clearly over 18, did i make a tit outta myself? Watch

The Cornerstone
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kash:))
oh, this is me. didn't mean to anon.
Nah you did your job. She should feel flattered, it's probably the only time she's been given a compliment lol. And facebook at 36 :lolwut:
imperial maniac
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Lol that would be annoying..
Fusilero
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Don't worry about it, better be a bit cautious than get that bloody £5000 maximum fine they can slap you with
LiamTheKook
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'd be taking such things as a compliment!
Over The Rainbow X
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Better safe than sorry. You were only doing your job. She seems a bit of an idiot for wanting to post that on Facebook!
'Shadowplay'
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
She sounds like the idiot tbh.
Mutedmirth
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey, just follow it with 'Really? You're yanking my chain! You look no older then 24." Looked shocked then flatter them. Then you are usually forgiven.

I asked this short bloke a couple of times for ID to rent out 18 movies, he was 26 so wasn't happy, I had to remember his face to make sure I didn't ask him again >.>;

I've had to ask people in their 20s if they were older then 18, I'd rather be sure and check then fined and fired. (although it's not as strict for selling pets then it is alcohol, since the legal age is 16 but our policy is 18, as long as they're not under 16 it's fine.)
Mutedmirth
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by The Cornerstone)
l. And facebook at 36 :lolwut:
You're shocked by that? My nan is 70 and she has a facebook account and uses it daily.
The Cornerstone
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mutedmirth)
You're shocked by that? My nan is 70 and she has a facebook account and uses it daily.
Not really, my english teacher says he has one but is never on it, I'm more shocked that she would say 'I'm gonna post this on fb lolz' straight to the guy, it's kinda childish imo
Stargazer23
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
She should be flattered!
Mutedmirth
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by The Cornerstone)
Not really, my english teacher says he has one but is never on it, I'm more shocked that she would say 'I'm gonna post this on fb lolz' straight to the guy, it's kinda childish imo
It is, but not uncommon from the facebook users, apart from actually saying lol it is something my mum and her friends would say. XD

I'm so glad I hardly use facebook. :P
The Cornerstone
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mutedmirth)
I'm so glad I hardly use facebook. :P
lol me too, I think my last status was me wishing a happy new year
meilan990
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This is another insecure thread from me...

At work we do ask 25 for alcohol. I asked this women for her id, she was like 'omggzzz are serious!!!11 i'm 36.. thisn is going on facebook when I get back lolzzzz'.

It would have been alright if I was on my own at the till but there was someone beside me, and I dunno if she thoguht I was an idiot for asking. I felt like an idiot for asking.

I need cheering up.
you are just doing your job, hey at least you dont have to refuse selling wallpape glue to under 18's at a homestore.
becuase if i get caught, then i will get a £5000 and possibly be prosicuted,
Dumachi
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I get ID for **** and im 23 and i must say it pisses me off.
strawberry
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
in America, the law is to card anybody and everybody regardless of how they look. now they're looking to amend that to just card people who look under 40. So no, I think you should err on the safe side and card.
Mr Inquisitive
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This is another insecure thread from me...

At work we do ask 25 for alcohol. I asked this women for her id, she was like 'omggzzz are serious!!!11 i'm 36.. thisn is going on facebook when I get back lolzzzz'.

It would have been alright if I was on my own at the till but there was someone beside me, and I dunno if she thoguht I was an idiot for asking. I felt like an idiot for asking.

I need cheering up.
This provides reason for checking mental age. Although, I'm not sure if -2 would be on the scale, poor woman...
ellakrystina
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I had to ask all the time when I worked in a tattoo parlour. It's a compliment to most people when you get it wrong.
Young Spade
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't see what the problem was.. With jobs like these, it is always beurre to ask and be safe. If you make a jannie of assuming, one day someone too young who looks old might try to buy and you might sell whatever it is to them without checking.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
If you're a 36 year old woman and you get mistaken for being a lot younger than you are, you're not going to get in a massive stress about it because it is not a bad thing. Women spend half their life trying to look older, and the other half trying to look younger. Getting ID'd when you're nearly 40 is basically someone saying ''wow, you look good for your age.''

Maybe it's different for men? :dontknow:
"Well done, love, you're a grown adult who looks like a child trying to illicitly purchase booze. Now go home and feel happy about it".

Hmm...
Inspector Jonny
Report 8 years ago
Did she really say Omgzz?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (57)
15.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (34)
9.26%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (72)
19.62%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (54)
14.71%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (41)
11.17%
How can I be the best version of myself? (109)
29.7%

Watched Threads