The Student Room Group

Let's Talk Crisps!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Anyone remember Mr Men crisps? The chicken nugget ones were nom nom nom :love:
Original post by TotoMimo
Also, inexplicably, the Marks and Spencer Count on Us Baked Crisp range is absolutely amazing to me. They have a texture completely unique, that is initially quite daunting, they can't be compared to any other type of crisp.

They also have quite a lot of flavour to them! I reckon that they're my number 2 behind the mighty POM BEAR.

You are very right.
I don't go to M&S much though so don't usually get them, usually I just have Walkers normal ready salted (tried the Baked kind, very disappointing).
Reply 43
Doritos chilli heatwave :coma:
Reply 44
50258_360919097789_4130584_n.jpg

It has to be this!
Original post by mangoh

Original post by mangoh
you never opened a packet of walkers crisp and realise that your missing half the packet?

:s-smilie:

Yes but I don't see why you decided to quote me to share this riveting story :rolleyes:

Don't neg me!
Reply 47
So i went and bought some Roysters. And I'm underwhelmed. I remember them being so much hotter and crispier than the fairly mild and uninspiring discs I found in the bag today. Perhaps I should have left the memory unchallenged.
Reply 48
Original post by jose
So i went and bought some Roysters. And I'm underwhelmed. I remember them being so much hotter and crispier than the fairly mild and uninspiring discs I found in the bag today. Perhaps I should have left the memory unchallenged.

Another cruel casualty of the "healthification generation". I absolutely agree that they're nowhere near the deliciousness of yore. That said, I still have only managed to re-find the T-Bone steak; the chicken ones were my favourite... perhaps I shouldn't tempt myself by trying to find them only to crush my nostalgic love.
Reply 49
I love all crisps, but the best one has to be
and recently
Reply 50

Dip them in hummus :coma:

edit - yeah, the hummus probably removes any of the purported health benefits.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by mangoh

Original post by mangoh
erm because u asked, what on earth I was talking about?
:rolleyes:

Yes, because I don't understand why you quoted me in the first place talking about walkers, when I never even mentioned them in my post.
Any kettle cooked chips frankly..yum! :biggrin:
Original post by cz100
I love all crisps, but the best one has to be
and recently

you have amazing taste in crisps :biggrin:
also cant believe these badboys havent been mentioned..
Original post by TotoMimo
Okay gang, here we have a very simple topic - tell us/show us your absolute favourite crisps! Whether puffed potato snack or corn nacho chip, past or present, let's not split hairs here people. Crisps are crisps.

(I won't even get into the whole "Pringles try to declare themselves as cakes to avoid VAT" fiasco. They're crisps to me).

Eh? That's Jaffa cakes not Pringles :erm: Am I missing a joke here...? :p:

Anyways, I'm a fan of salt and vinegar, particularly Real McCoys and chipsticks, although the exception to that is the Kettle Chips ones. They taste too sugary, it's weird. I can also munch my way through a big bag of Doritoes without realising it... :colondollar:
Reply 56
Original post by Jelephant
Eh? That's Jaffa cakes not Pringles :erm: Am I missing a joke here...? :p:

Pringles went to court too. Apparently they don't have enough potato in to qualify as crisps, either.

BBC
But the manufacturer had insisted that their best-selling product was not similar to potato crisps, because of their "mouth melt" taste, "uniform colour" and "regular shape" which "is not found in nature".

I'm not sure why that works as a selling point, but God I love them.
(edited 13 years ago)
McCoy's cheese and onion are teh best :biggrin:

Reply 59
Oh, God... far too many...

Prawn Cocktail and Tomato Ketchup Walkers, Tangy Toms from the 10p crisps variety, Chilli Heatwave and Tangy Cheese Doritos :coma:

Goddamn I'm craving crisps now... but no! I must be strong :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest