The Student Room Group

Let's Talk Crisps!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80

Reply 81
Original post by TotoMimo
Another cruel casualty of the "healthification generation". I absolutely agree that they're nowhere near the deliciousness of yore. That said, I still have only managed to re-find the T-Bone steak; the chicken ones were my favourite... perhaps I shouldn't tempt myself by trying to find them only to crush my nostalgic love.

Indeed, the pack boasts of '30% less saturated fat but the same great taste'. While the former may be true, the latter is sadly, even tragically given their former glory, not.

I've just eaten a bag of the Southern fried chicken flavour (which stilll seems to be available in a mixed multipack from Morrisons) and the same applies. Hints of the former great come through but the general experience is of a pretty standard chicken crisp. The texture is the most significant loss for me - I'm sure they used to have a real bite to them and could shred your mouth like a good baguette ready for the savage intensity of the flavouring to bring you to your knees. But now it's just like a thicker powdery Walkers.

Pitiful stuff.

More nostalgia now, anyone else miss the old Philieas Fogg crisps? Specifically the Morceaux and the Tortilla Chips when the packaging looked like this:

So good with guacamole :coma:
Reply 82
Original post by jose
Indeed, the pack boasts of '30% less saturated fat but the same great taste'. While the former may be true, the latter is sadly, even tragically given their former glory, not.

I've just eaten a bag of the Southern fried chicken flavour (which stilll seems to be available in a mixed multipack from Morrisons) and the same applies. Hints of the former great come through but the general experience is of a pretty standard chicken crisp. The texture is the most significant loss for me - I'm sure they used to have a real bite to them and could shred your mouth like a good baguette ready for the savage intensity of the flavouring to bring you to your knees. But now it's just like a thicker powdery Walkers.

Pitiful stuff.

More nostalgia now, anyone else miss the old Philieas Fogg crisps? Specifically the Morceaux and the Tortilla Chips when the packaging looked like this:

So good with guacamole :coma:

I remember these! Esp. the cheesy ones...
Reply 83
Original post by RHCPfan

Pom bear(They're like no other crisp)
Smokey bacon
Prawn cocktail

Frazzles are sublime.
Pombears
Beef hulahoops
Wotsits.
Reply 84
Nom nom crisps!
Ermm best has to be the dark blue kettle chips <3 i can easily destroy a share size bag in a ridiculously small amount of time.
snacky stuff like wotsits, onion rings.. asda smartprice snacks ftw!
pombears are stupidly yummy, and for like normal crisps nothing will ever ever replace the special place smokey bacon has in my heart. <3
Reply 85
Oh, and I'm dead partial to this - The little pumpkin-shaped ones and the tubes are the best bit!

Mcoys Chesse and onion :biggrin:
Reply 87

I haven't seen them recently though... :frown:

Cheese and onion/pickled onion crisps are the only ones I don't like though tbh.
Gotta love these badboys!
Quavers :biggrin:
omg this thread is :coma: im very much a savoury kinda girl

wotsits
quavers
walkers cheese & onion baked
wheat crunchies
any kind of mccoys
any kind of doritos
any kind of pringles
just any kind of crisps in general...

i also recently discovered

smiths cheese moments

smiths scampi fries

and thats when i died of foodgasm :coma:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 91
Original post by imsoprettylike

smiths cheese moments

smiths scampi fries

and thats when i died of foodgasm :coma:

Where can I find these gems???
:lovehug: hehe i so agree, those crisps are :coma:! though don't you think it should be available in a bigger packet, i mean i finish one and its just not enough, i need that cheesy goodness! plus they're expensive for the size that it is and it's such a shame these gems aren't around as much anymore :frown:

Original post by najinaji
Where can I find these gems???

sadly like laura loo said, they're hard to find these days :frown: you're more likely to find them either in the pub or in a newsagents.
Reply 93
It's a tragedy you can't get these any more.

I miss doing "witch claws", then munching them off my fingertips. They had a totally unique texture!
Salt & Vinegar Kettle crisps are my favourite but rarely buy them. I love Watsits
Reply 95
Space Raiders Spicy, Beef, and Pickled Onion are all epic. But I preferred it when we had some Labyrinth-era David Bowie on the packet:

I am a great lover of ALL things crisp.

However, my highest praise would have to go to these bad boys!

:party:

Just don't see them often enough nowadays :frown:
McCoys Beef or Salt and Vinegar :drool:
It has to be,
:parrot:
Original post by jontylol

Original post by jontylol

LOVE these! Not had them in so long :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest