Turn on thread page Beta

Request Advice...especially from Any1 applying/Applied to Warwick watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    It’s good to know that there is an Educations version of doctorjob.com lol. It’s my first time on this site,
    I am an Accounting and Finance student at the University of Kent and am currently applying to Warwick’s MSc Finance course. This is the first MSc application I am filling out (have been working on applying for jobs on the side) and I have a couple of questions in this regards:

1. One of the questions on the application form is “Explain your purpose of Study.” In 4600 characters. I feel that perhaps this is not exactly the same (although similar) as a personal statement. For this question, I have written about why I am interested in the course in general and in certain modules in particular, what my career objectives are and how they link to me applying for the program. I have written about 3200 characters so I was wondering if in this context anyone feels I should write anything else as I can’t think of anything

2. On the application form, it states that I am “allowed to upload one document in support of your application”. I was confused about what this one document is meant to be so I called the University and was connected to this lady who although very helpful was a bit confusing; she said that the document could be anything but most students upload study plans………In this regard, I have not idea how to write a study plan so I thought I should ask you guys the following:
    a. Should I upload a study plan
    i. If yes, any tips on how I go about writing it
    ii. If no, any suggestions on what I should upload…maybe my C.V.

I would sincerely appreciate any response to my queries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarvardBound)

1. One of the questions on the application form is “Explain your purpose of Study.” In 4600 characters. I feel that perhaps this is not exactly the same (although similar) as a personal statement.

2. On the application form, it states that I am “allowed to upload one document in support of your application”.
    i donno..i treated that question as something similar to personal statement...i.e a post grad personal statement...and written it accordingly...struggled a bit to finish it in 4600 chars ..

what exactly is a study plan? i'm really not aware of that...and for now, i've uploaded a resume. I'd be glad if you can tell me this!

and also, how do we know that they consider our gmat score?? when i mailed, she replied that i just have to include a copy of the gmat score report..and they'll use it..
    can we upload the gmat score card in that place of that document?

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.